Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced crappy 5.0 with 8.4, now it's time for some amplification. I do not believe I have a stock amp.

Need help with some questions:

1. Nothing easy or plug and play?
2. Need to use LOC or purchase amp with LOC built in? Either option better or worse?
3. Recommendations on route for running wires from trunk to doors?
4. Do Challengers use connectors from door to cab rather than running wires through to cab?
5. Leave dash speakers alone?
6. Amp wattage? 800 to 1000?
7. Is there a wire diagram that I can access to determine pos and neg wires?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on your new 8.4 upgrade. I'm currently on the same journey as you. I have a thread in here as well if you'd like to follow my progress.

To answer a few of your questions.

1. It's possible to plug and play, depending on how much power you want to run.
2. As far as a LOC, from my research and others advice on here.. your best bet is the Rockford Fosgate DSR1. It's made specifically for our cars.
5. Definitely replace the dash speakers, replace ALL speakers lol
6. Are you including a sub or just the 6 speaker setup? The 6 speakers I intend to get are 100w RMS each and the sub is 1500w for a grand total of 2100w. The wattage will depend on which speakers and sub you decide to go with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Monvrch,

I don't believe I have an amp, so the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 probably won't work for me. I need to figure out however, if I can amplify the speaker signals as is or have to process them somehow. Any idea?

I don't think there is even a stock harness connection for an amp. Would be cool if there was.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SXT
112 Posts
Had my 4 channel amp installed today along with Audio Control LC6i, the sound is awesome but in the near future I will need to add a subwoofer. To run the doors, the installer ran a line from the factory amp that was located behind the driver's side kick panel. I thought they would just run a line from the doors to the amp in the trunk. The sound is clean, you can feel the power, just missing that low end.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,730 Posts
Had my 4 channel amp installed today along with Audio Control LC6i, the sound is awesome but in the near future I will need to aidd a subwoofer. To run the doors, the installer ran a line from the factory amp that was located behind the driver's side kick panel. I thought they would just run a line from the doors to the amp in the trunk. The sound is clean, you can feel the power, just missing that low end.
Do you still have factory head unit?

If so, what’s the specs on the amp? (4 x ?rms @ ?ohm)

I’ve got an LC6i I’m planning on installing with an amp I have yet to buy. I am unsure on which amp is better for a stock head unit using stock speakers in that setup though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts