Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2017 5.7 challenger rt it’s completely stock, all i have is a CAI, a catch can, and a muffler delete. I love the car but want more power out of it. Cant afford a scat nor a HC but can afford a supercharger. Just wondering if i buy a kit and throw it on there what would be the issues id run into since its stock and what would i need to upgrade when i decide to add the kit to the car.
P.S Dont know much about cars but im trying to learn. Thanks -Jay

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
There are actually a lot of builds u can read in the build section on 5.7. DakBuilder had a pretty awesome 5.7 on spray not to long ago & now he's working on a boosted 6.4. Its pretty active right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Kenne Bell Twin-Screw, Liquid Cooled 2.8 Blower. No other mods required. 8-10 installed depending on shop. Puts about 500 to the crank. Sweet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
There also the hellyen kit as well. The other off the post was trying to see if there was anything else he had to do to the engine & I would say some of the ones that have done this will come in to help. With that said, there is a cheap way to make power that may be reliable then there's is a a way to make powe & have insurance of said power.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
I have a Magnuson on mine. A performance fuel pump will be required, the PCM will need to be unlocked and a performance tune will be required. The amount of boost you want to run will determine any other modifications needed. Note that stock wheels will not put this power to the ground, and you will possible need to deal with wheel hop as well.

Reactions: 931Jay and Dennis H

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
I have a Magnuson on mine. A performance fuel pump will be required, the PCM will need to be unlocked and a performance tune will be required. The amount of boost you want to run will determine any other modifications needed. Note that stock wheels will not put this power to the ground, and you will possible need to deal with wheel hop as well.
What upper/lower are you running for 14 psi?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,170 Posts
What upper/lower are you running for 14 psi?
I have an ATI overdrive damper, and about a 2" pulley on the Magnuson with a Gates heavy duty (green) belt. I don't remember the exact diameter of the pulley.

Reactions: JD40
1 - 8 of 8 Posts