Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched online for this but couldn't find it anywhere (found a couple for dodge charger but none for Challenger with this mirror type) so hopefully it will help another member with a 17 scat pack, Its actually pretty easy once you know what to look for so here it is, I used a MirrorTap MTX 1015 with 15" wire which fit perfectly, Blendmount and V1 detector

1-remove plastic cover in center above mirror, there are two clips, one on each side about 1/2 inch down from top, slide a small flat blade inside and push gently to release clip, once one side is released you can slide it out
2-plastic cover below has two clips, one on each side, feel inside and push out, once one side is released you can work the cover down
3-remove wire harness with the three wires in it which faces the rear of the car, theres an orange wire to the left, a pink wire to the right and the black ground right next to pink wire, you want the pink and black wires
4-slide in your black wire tap to black wire, your red wire tap to pink wire, connect supplied cord to wire taps, slide harness plug back in and connect cord/plug to your radar detector
5-before putting covers back on make sure you have power, push start button and with car in acc the radar detector should power up, shut car off and detector should power off, if all works zip tie line to wire harness and reinstall covers

here are a few pics hope they help

IMG_1245.jpg
IMG_1247.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1258.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wasn't able to get the bottom cover off. The entire mirror came down so I just worked with that. Went quick. I ran my mirror tap wire differently. I'll try to get a pic later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts