Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add an air intake through the headlight to my 2017 SRT 392. I am a little confused by which cold air intake kit I should use for the conversion? Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I have the T/A hood scoop intake kit and works well. Also draws air from the front headlight and wheel well like the Hellcat intake.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,110 Posts
Part # 77072436

A Guy

Attachments

Reactions: MiHiHemi and Olbc

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,110 Posts
That's how we roll :D

A Guy

Reactions: Olbc

·
Registered
451 Posts
What's wrong with your stock intake? I'll answer that for you. Nothing.
To be fair, since installing this very intake on my '19 SP WB, i've noticed my AT SPEED IATs are considerably better over the stock intake. Also sound. Also looks.

·
Registered
684 Posts
To be fair, since installing this very intake on my '19 SP WB, i've noticed my AT SPEED IATs are considerably better over the stock intake. Also sound. Also looks.
What CAI? You didn't state what you have.
I didn't say anything was wrong with stock intake. I just want to have an intake through the headlight.
But why? It won't make more horsepower than currently have.

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Do I really need to justify myself? Intake through the headlight is a cool throwback kind of thing, that's all there is to it for me.
So then buy the T/A $600+ one in post #4 A Guy posted. But that's a lot of coin for 0 performance gain and just to look cool.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What CAI? You didn't state what you have.

But why? It won't make more horsepower than currently have.
I was referring to the intake that AGuy linked above, the Hellcat lower box // T/A open conical intake combo that fits in our scatpacks. I will say installing it was a complete shit show, with the junction piece not fitting the '19 headlight without modification (cutting), but after install - definitely worth it.

With intakes it's not a matter of getting more horsepower or torque, its about retaining your numbers in spite of engine temperatures. Also looks, also sound. I like this design (one linked above) because my '19 has the old Hellcat hood, which has heat extractors on it, which allow pass-through air via the pressure boundary that is created (like the Hellcat).

·
Registered
451 Posts
So then buy the T/A $600+ one in post #4 A Guy posted. But that's a lot of coin for 0 performance gain and just to look cool.
I only paid like $380 on Steve White Parts.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I was referring to the intake that AGuy linked above, the Hellcat lower box // T/A open conical intake combo that fits in our scatpacks. I will say installing it was a complete shit show, with the junction piece not fitting the '19 headlight without modification (cutting), but after install - definitely worth it.

With intakes it's not a matter of getting more horsepower or torque, its about retaining your numbers in spite of engine temperatures. Also looks, also sound. I like this design (one linked above) because my '19 has the old Hellcat hood, which has heat extractors on it, which allow pass-through air via the pressure boundary that is created (like the Hellcat).
Ah I see. I have a T/A 392 and had a Scat Pack before. The T/A doesn't perform any better with the factory CAI than my Scat Pack ever did.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Lmi is good for up to .2 in the 1/4. Tested , tried , & true :) just throwing that out there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea no not going to believe that. I know of a local club member that tried that one and he saw no improvement at the track. Tried it over the course of 3 months. Zilch zero, nada.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea no not going to believe that. I know of a local club member that tried that one and he saw no improvement at the track. Tried it over the course of 3 months. Zilch zero, nada.
Here we go again.

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro
1 - 20 of 32 Posts