Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seen this or even heard of it? I'm kinda confused. Was there a Challenger Twister? The cartoony graphics kinda reminds me of the character on the Plymouth "Duster". Kinda wish this was on the lot when I bought my T/A. Like to have owned 1 of the 6 made.

Here's the link to the ad:

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
This is nice but it is not a factory build. It's just a Scat Pack with some new stripes and new seat covers plus the mentioned "we added the Mopar strut tower braces".

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Reminds me of the Mustang twisters from the late 60's/early '70s sold in Kansas where tornados were prevalent. These dealer type packages used to be more "common" in the original Muscle Car era and are highly sought after today as collectors. There was nothing special about the originals either. At the time... Steve White Motors has done something like this as well for new Challengers.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Reminds me of the Mustang twisters from the late 60's/early '70s sold in Kansas where tornados were prevalent. These dealer type packages used to be more "common" in the original Muscle Car era and are highly sought after today as collectors. There was nothing special about the originals either. At the time... Steve White Motors has done something like this as well for new Challengers.
There you go. There were Torino Twister package cars too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
There's a sucker born every minute... there is literally nothing special about this car unless you like tacky vinyl stickers and bolt ons that anyone can do. "1 of 6." LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's a sucker born every minute... there is literally nothing special about this car unless you like tacky vinyl stickers and bolt ons that anyone can do. "1 of 6." LOL...
I'm all about the tacky decals. Back in the day that told you that something special was going on. Today's cars are faster than the vintage cars so they are special when compared to the old cars. (Back in the day the Mustangs got a California Special package, basically just a decal but they are highly sought after today, same for dealer specials, I think it's cool.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I recently did a double take when I saw a Mustang GT300. Had to do a google search just to find out it's just a dealer sticker package to make the 300hp mustang look like a GT350.

Reminds me of way back in the day when the base model Chevy truck was the "Custom Deluxe." Nothing custom nor deluxe about it but maybe it made the buyer feel special. #marketing

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
971 Posts
this was # 10 of 10

and # 1 with # 10

and # 1 belongs to my lovely wife>:)

Hopefully when I get back from Germany I can get added to the SW numbers. Wish I could've gotten y'all to add the SC before bringing it over here. ImageUploadedByAG Free1501478423.077399.jpg

Signing off from somewhere in the Universe...

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I saw a couple of those online at that Bosak place. Not friendly pricing.....on anything. But did see them there and they said of 6. Yes decals and stuff. It does look like the old twisters.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
I recently did a double take when I saw a Mustang GT300. Had to do a google search just to find out it's just a dealer sticker package to make the 300hp mustang look like a GT350.

Reminds me of way back in the day when the base model Chevy truck was the "Custom Deluxe." Nothing custom nor deluxe about it but maybe it made the buyer feel special. #marketing
Back in the day an SE had all the amenities unless you ordered a Hemi or six pack car, they could not get A/C with the huge air cleaner. Now SE means "Stripped Edition".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts