Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here and sick to my stomach. Please check out this for me. I hit a curb in a parking lot today. Nothing visible from the outside, but I have to replace the "shroud" under the front splitter and also under the motor. The real damage is to what I believe is the engine cradle. Outside of it being dented, I don't think there are any other issues with it. Although I will have to get my car realigned. Thoughts??

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,391 Posts
New member here and sick to my stomach. Please check out this for me. I hit a curb in a parking lot today. Nothing visible from the outside, but I have to replace the "shroud" under the front splitter and also under the motor. The real damage is to what I believe is the engine cradle. Outside of it being dented, I don't think there are any other issues with it. Although I will have to get my car realigned. Thoughts??
I'd have that inspected - the main concern would be the integrity of the welds and if that cradle is structurally sound.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's really too bad. Unfortunately, this is a good reminder for all of us that backing in to curbed parking stalls is the way to go. Let us know how that turns out for you. Good luck

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Yikes. How fast were you going? This damage is too bad for just a simple parking spot pull in mishap.

As everyone else here advised, get that thing replaced. I hope that insurance helps you out because the repair will be expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts