Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently driving a 2015 Challenger SXT PLUS, I recently tested drive a 2017 T/A manual (Yellow Jacket), and decide to trade in my car for it. Always dreamed a V8 Challenger, but couldn't afford one when I bought my SXT PLUS 3 years ago, now I can finally go for a T/A. I want to get the monthly payment as low as possible, so I can have enough money to buy the insurance. The MSRP on the window sticker is $43,460, the dealer has already discounted $4,500 off the sticker, but I feel like there is still room to bargain the price.

I want some suggestions on this and also does anyone know what is the bottom price for the manual T/A? I really need to know that, so I know how much I'm looking at when I talk about the final price with the salesman.

$38,960 is what they offer me right now, here in WA, the sales tax is 9.5%. After tax it would be $42,661, that's too much. The out of door price I'm looking for is around $34,000-$37,000. It would be so helpful if anyone who owns a T/A or anyone who can give me a bottom price or a price range on the 2017 manual T/A.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
So they are $5k off sticker, and you want another $5k off? That would be a great deal for you - good luck!

Do you expect 25% off of everything you buy? If I was the salesman, I would tell you that you really want a different model, I mean are other people getting those prices?

Here in ABQ the dealers don't really deal like that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you want to negotiate price, you must start from invoice price not sticker.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The $4500 sounds like a factory incentive to move the 2017 cars out, which means the dealer still has his full markup to work on. It use to be a good deal was $100 to $300 over dealer cost, but end of year deals if they really want to move cars, try to work on the 4% factory hold back. Make sure you look up all factory incentives, these can ether be given to the customer or the dealers can keep them. Make sure they are on your side of the deal. As far as trade in stay as close as possible to the trade in value of your car, just like there going to do with the list price of there car. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
687 Posts
Keep in mind that if the car was a hot seller, it would have sold already.

Everything in life is negotiable. Make your offer, leave your number, and leave the lot.

Look for other similar deals near you as leverage. Or look outside your area if you are willing to drive a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts