Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Having a little trouble with my back up camera.. it started intermittently going out and I believe it’s an electrical issue. I took it to a dodge dealership but bc the problem wasn’t happening during the diagnostic they couldn’t do anything about it. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody - Triple Nickel
45 Posts
Intermittent electrical problems can be tough to diagnose. If the problem doesn't occur when the technician is testing it then they won't know exactly what needs to be fixed. One just needs to continue to drive the car until the problem occurs more consistently.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
It could be the wiring harness, especially if all other Uconnect functions have no problem. Just physically tracing the harness checking for good connections and wiggling the harness with the reverse camera on might show the issue if that's the problem. Dealers often won't go through the trouble, even though that is the low hanging fruit. Good luck

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

What year and trim level is the challenger? Have someone check if the reverse lights are working, if not it could be the reverse switch is flaking out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum.

What year and trim level is the challenger? Have someone check if the reverse lights are working, if not it could be the reverse switch is flaking out.
Hey dear it’s a 2017 GT! I’ll check the reverse lights when I go out today.. I also noticed that my USB ports in my arm rest will stop working when the back up camera starts acting crazy (goes into like a blue screen).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could be the wiring harness, especially if all other Uconnect functions have no problem. Just physically tracing the harness checking for good connections and wiggling the harness with the reverse camera on might show the issue if that's the problem. Dealers often won't go through the trouble, even though that is the low hanging fruit. Good luck

A Guy
Thanks for responding! I also noticed that when the back up camera starts going crazy the USB ports in my arm rest will also stop working! Won’t be able to get in until Monday.. hopefully it’s still doing it by then!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,256 Posts
FYI there is a TSB which describes what you might be experiencing for your year challenger which involves an update to the radio software.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts