Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
2017 Dodge Challenger GT AWD - All Wheel Drive

Awesome vid!!! You know I would absolutely want one of these if they could have made it into a V8, I know the problems with that but I am moving back to New England in a year or so and this would be perfect! I would love to drive a Challenger in the snow with full confidence I would get to my destination lol!!!
Also, I like these rims!

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
You gotta think a V8 is coming down the road.
Also, I like these rims!
Should be 19's. You can also tell an AWD at glance by looking at the front calipers. If they are behind the axle centerline the car is RWD, if they are in front it's an AWD.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
And that is indeed a GT badge on the fenders ..

More info:

Base price $33,395

Includes a version of Super Track Pack, Performance Pages, 8.4 Uconnect, 276 watt amp with 6 speakers, paddle shifters and rear spoiler with camera, heated steering wheel, heated and ventilated Nappa leather seats.

Optional for $995 is Nappa/Suede seats, Sound Group II and performance steering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
nice and about time imho!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
This thing will be an absolute tank in winter. Our RWD Challengers are just fine as it is with good winter tires. Imagine a set of aggressive winter tires on this thing. You would be unstoppable!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I guess if one wants to drive a Challenger all year round. You can always buy one the same color, put the same wheels on it, do the switch when it starts to get nasty outside...and most people wouldn't know the damn difference. (Yeah, I know, all of us here would, but it's also a great excuse for owning two!)

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Thanks for the video! That's a pretty cool Challenger!

I especially like the pictures of it spinning up the snow while in the field.

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I hate it. An absolute bastardization (is that the right word) of the Challenger brand. Want a 4wd - buy a Jeep.

The fact that they limit it to V6's tells me that the drivetrain is too weak to take any more power.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I hate it. An absolute bastardization (is that the right word) of the Challenger brand. Want a 4wd - buy a Jeep.

The fact that they limit it to V6's tells me that the drivetrain is too weak to take any more power.
I agree on the limiting it to a v6, If Audi and others can do it then why not? But also as a jeep owner I still dig it for a daily in the snow.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The Charger Pursuit comes as an awd with the 5.7 Hemi and the old 5 speed transmission. Don't know if it's more durable for police work or better suited to Awd.

Suppose if they wanted they could adapt this to the Challenger.

·
Registered
13,539 Posts
The Charger Pursuit comes as an awd with the 5.7 Hemi and the old 5 speed transmission. Don't know if it's more durable for police work or better suited to Awd.
All Pursuits come with the 5-speed, it's just cheaper and it works, cops really don't need the 8-speed and they do like the column shifter.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
That's funny how they show this thing in the snow and all yet bout 5 or 6 years later that infamous foam in the rear quarters is gonna rust out the quarter panel!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is there anything more ANNOYING than watching a "video" that is mostly a series of still photos?
Perhaps there is.... a video that tells you absolutely nothing!

·
Registered
263 Posts
GT's a neat idea but man do I love driving this beast year round. And I get 3 pedals and extra cylinders :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
18 Participants
ckaram
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing