Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was posting today to see if any one has come across the same issue as I have, I have a 2017 Dodge Challenger sxt , and I lowered it about a inch and half or so . In doing so I was running them on stock shocks and struts and the ride was really rough. So to equal them out I bought the Eibach struts and shocks . (The lowering springs were from Eibach as well)
Well now it rides comfortable, but any bump on the road or freeway causes it to pull to the side (either left or right)
I took it to get aligned and they said I needed to replace the ball joints. So I did , the front pair were replaced and realigned . The car drives straight and normal on a flat straight road but once I hit a bump or crack or anything on the street or freeway my car pulls either left or right
Like instead of going over bumps , it moves to the side . If anyone knows the solution please let me know , I’m frustrated already changing the ball joints and still don’t know what’s going on .

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,476 Posts
How many miles on the car?

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
Also, I don’t think this is necessarily an SXT issue, it’s more of a suspension thing in general. As such, you would have better luck posting in the wheels, tires, suspension section. (More eyes with the proper experience in this subject over there I’m guessing.)

If you ask the mods to move this thread, I bet they’d oblige post haste... :nerd:

·
Premium Member
8,476 Posts
Has about 67,000 miles on it , I’m the first owner
Unless the car was really beaten on the first 60K miles, I can’t see the ball joints already going bad. If the place that told you they were bad is the same place that replaced them, I would take the car to a different place or even a local dealership to have the behavior you are experiencing further diagnosed.

I’m not saying the first place did replaced parts that didn’t need replacing, but if they did, it wouldn’t come as a complete shock to me. The OE ball joints should have lasted more than 67K miles, unless you have been driving like a maniac and/or live & work on terrible roads.

I don’t have much else I can offer in the way of possible causes for the steering abnormalities without more details or a video or something. But this type of troubleshooting is always difficult with something like steering that relies so much on feel to know when something’s wrong. Start looking locally for a reputable place you could take the car and have them diagnose it, as I think it will end up coming to that sooner or later.

Once they identify the problem, you can decide if you want them to do the work or not. If you don’t, pay them for their time and be on your way. There’s no obligation to spend more money to have them do any work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts