Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently driving a 2015 Challenger SXT PLUS, I recently tested drive a 2017 T/A manual (Yellow Jacket), and decide to trade in my car for it. Always dreamed a V8 Challenger, but couldn't afford one when I bought my SXT PLUS 3 years ago, now I can finally go for a T/A. I want to get the monthly payment as low as possible, so I can have enough money to buy the insurance. The MSRP on the window sticker is $43,460, the dealer has already discounted $4,500 off the sticker, but I feel like there is still room to bargain the price.

I want some suggestions on this and also does anyone know what is the bottom price for the manual T/A? I really need to know that, so I know how much I'm looking at when I talk about the final price with the salesman.

$38,960 is what they offer me right now, here in WA, the sales tax is 9.5%. After tax it would be $42,661, that's too much. The out of door price I'm looking for is around $34,000-$37,000. It would be so helpful if anyone who owns a T/A or anyone who can give me a bottom price or a price range on the 2017 manual T/A.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
I'm currently driving a 2015 Challenger SXT PLUS, I recently tested drive a 2017 T/A manual (Yellow Jacket), and decide to trade in my car for it. Always dreamed a V8 Challenger, but couldn't afford one when I bought my SXT PLUS 3 years ago, now I can finally go for a T/A. I want to get the monthly payment as low as possible, so I can have enough money to buy the insurance. The MSRP on the window sticker is $43,460, the dealer has already discounted $4,500 off the sticker, but I feel like there is still room to bargain the price.

I want some suggestions on this and also does anyone know what is the bottom price for the manual T/A? I really need to know that, so I know how much I'm looking at when I talk about the final price with the salesman.

$38,960 is what they offer me right now, here in WA, the sales tax is 9.5%. After tax it would be $42,661, that's too much. The out of door price I'm looking for is around $34,000-$37,000. It would be so helpful if anyone who owns a T/A or anyone who can give me a bottom price or a price range on the 2017 manual T/A.

Thanks in advance!!
What's probably going to help more - information wise is the trim level & options.

Presuming you're referring to the T/A (5.7) there's two trim levels:
>T/A (base) 5.7 - cloth interior/ houndstooth [base msrp $37.5k]
>T/A Plus 5.7 - this has the alcantara / leather trim seat w/ T/A logo[base msrp $40.5k]

so it could be either a high option base T/A or medium option T/A Plus

this plays into what margin the dealer has and what they might deal on.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Welcome and from what you're saying, it sounds like you may still be pushing your budget for a TA.

As already stated, if it's that tight money wise, it may not be the time to buy a TA. Not trying to be negative, but sometimes emotions take over what is the right thing to do financially.

These cars can do that to a fellow pretty easily.

Best of luck deciding

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discounts

Check dodge.com there is 4750 in incentives on the T/A and T/A plus if the dealer isn't using them upfront
If you have USAA you can get 1000 off. Google dodge incentives and see what comes up. They won't tell you what's out there you have to ask. Also it varies by state. When I was looking I found around 5-6k out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts