Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A crowdfunded effort to set a record Nurburgring lap time with a Dodge Viper has resulted in an initial time of 7:03.45.
<span lang="EN-US">
With the Dodge Viper soon to be discontinued, a group of enthusiasts wanted to do what Dodgeofficially hasn’t: set a Nurburgring lap time. The crowdfunded effort features professional driver Dominik Farnbacher behind the wheel, the same person who set a record in 2011 with the older Dodge Viper ACR recording a 7:12.13 lap time.</span>

<span lang="EN-US">Read more about the 2017 Dodge Viper ACR at AutoGuide.com.</span>

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Why would someone contribute to this?

I'm going to pay some guy I don't know to drive a car I don't own on a track I've never seen because. . .why? He can do it really fast?

Damn, that's stupid.

·
Registered
863 Posts
A Viper will always be on my bucket list. Shame I don't have a pot to fill with change.
Awesome machine
Tom.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Why would someone contribute to this?

I'm going to pay some guy I don't know to drive a car I don't own on a track I've never seen because. . .why? He can do it really fast?

Damn, that's stupid.
Answer to your third question: YES!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I "wanted" a Viper until my wife said "You may pay 90,000 dollars for a car but I won't". After that she thought my T/A 392 was right reasonable. >:) And yes I would love to have a Viper.

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
I "wanted" a Viper until my wife said "You may pay 90,000 dollars for a car but I won't". After that she thought my T/A 392 was right reasonable. >:) And yes I would love to have a Viper.
Great job. Start super high so your SO can work you down to what you actually wanted. Both parties feel accomplished. It's a win/win :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts