Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So while doing a search on Youtube for challenger specific topics (basically how to install aftermarket LED headlight boards) this commercial popped up.

It compares the 2017 challenger against the 2017 mustang and the key difference is challenger does not offer electronic line lock....really that is the big downfall of the challenger? That has got to be one of the weakest comparisons that I have seen by an automaker and it borders on being petty.

Mustang may be the #1 sports car but that does not make it a #1 muscle car.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It all boils down to, you must be doing something right (Dodge) if your competitor (Ford) can only muster up insignificant comparisons. I think Ford is starting to feel it in the pocketbook from Challenger when it runs adds like this.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The Ford ad left out the part about how it's use can void your engine warranty.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I am capable of doing a burnout without any fancy schmancy linelock. I guess Ford Mustang drivers are handicapped in that department.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
If that was Fords attempt to make the Challenger look bad vs the Mustang...they couldnt have done so in a more limp wristed manner. You arent going to steal Dodge buyers making "market friendly" commercials.

You're going to steal them by making the same types of commercials that played a hand in making me switch from Chevy to Dodge. Like this one!

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
If you don’t like another brand or model why waste your time commenting, it achieves nothing, it doesn’t do anything for your side of the argument. I personally think most Dodge commercials are just as juvenile.
I had three Mustangs and two Camaros in the past, they were fine for the time and now on to something different.
My son has my 2011 Mustang GT in the garage and likes it much with all almost 800 horsepower, who here can beat it?
He doesn’t need line locks just like we don’t. In a race he’d blow right past me and so what, does it really matter?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you don’t like another brand or model why waste your time commenting, it achieves nothing, it doesn’t do anything for your side of the argument. I personally think most Dodge commercials are just as juvenile.
I had three Mustangs and two Camaros in the past, they were fine for the time and now on to something different.
My son has my 2011 Mustang GT in the garage and likes it much with all almost 800 horsepower, who here can beat it?
He doesn’t need line locks just like we don’t. In a race he’d blow right past me and so what, does it really matter?
Just to be clear...I did not say I did not like the brand, it is the content of the commercial I have issue with. Also I have yet to see a commercial from Dodge that specifically calls out another brand the way Ford did.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
Just to be clear...I did not say I did not like the brand, it is the content of the commercial I have issue with. Also I have yet to see a commercial from Dodge that specifically calls out another brand the way Ford did.
Hey, all is fine, not critiquing what you wrote.
I enjoy all cars especially cars with an old school cam.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Those 2018 A10 Mustang 5.0 GT's will be a force to be reckoned with though. Time for Dodge to do a 426 Hemi I think :)

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Damn, Ford Marketing is getting nervous.
People are realizing that is is just a souped up Kentucky Fried Chicken assistant managers car.
Mopar is the holy grail of American Muscle and those turds know it.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I can beat it, just put it back to stock.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts