Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this price look about right to you guys...........I walked into the dealer with my usual "Dick Me" sign on my forehead, I have a 2010 SE now, Looooooove that car, but its got 76 thou on it now, and I wanted a white challenger anyways.

I like this car, but it seems to have way more stuff than I use/want...........not liking the leather seats, heated to boot. LOL, seems there standard. Not sure about the paddle shifters, never had them before, just seems like a lot of stuff to go wrong with the electronics on these things. But I do love that "White" paint.

Now I drive winter & summer with this thing..........I live in Wisc, and never had any issues in the snow with my 2010, so not sure I need the awd deal.

There not giving me much for my car, which by the way looks pretty new even though its 7 yrs old.

Looking for some suggestions from you guys ............would a SXT fit my lifestyle a little better than this GT. I'm old and just don"t want to spend money on something more than what I need.

My SE has nothing, and I'm happy with that.

If you guys don"t mind, what did you have to shell out for this puppy.

Thanks Rich

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'd go with an SXT if the AWD doesn't appeal to you.

No reason to pay V8 money for a V6.

Should be able to get a base SXT for $19k, maybe less if they're desperate.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go with an SXT if the AWD doesn't appeal to you.

No reason to pay V8 money for a V6.

Should be able to get a base SXT for $19k, maybe less if they're desperate.
I hear ya on that brother...........they had a black 2017RT for $36, with my 10 grand off, $2600........now I don"t want black, but this might be a better way to go.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
you could also search around for a GT that doesn't have the GT Interior Package (leather) or Technology Grp options and that will reduce price ~ $2.2k.

Being in Wisconsin and all-round driver, I could see the AWD would come in handy. Since it sounds like you're looking for a similar model to your SE, a GT w/o those two packages would probably fit what you're looking for.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could also search around for a GT that doesn't have the GT Interior Package (leather) or Technology Grp options and that will reduce price ~ $2.2k.

Being in Wisconsin and all-round driver, I could see the AWD would come in handy. Since it sounds like you're looking for a similar model to your SE, a GT w/o those two packages would probably fit what you're looking for.
Hey Hal,thats what I was looking for, but it seems those leather seats are standard, at least that's what its says on the build a dodge site....and god knows what that Technology Grp option even is. LOL....Just seems to me wayyyyyyyyy to much tech on these cars, not that that is a bad thing, just don"t like paying for stuff when it breaks............and it will.

Seeing I'm almost paying for what a RT is going for, might as well look at them.........although I was happy with the 6 banger.

Rich

·
Registered
168 Posts

Here is the MSRP for my GT. I got about 4K off in rebates and promotions but this was the first one delivered to the dealership in NH where I bought it so there wasn't much incentive for them to work with me at that point. They gave me as much as they could with advertised rebates and offers.

I love the AWD. Got to drive it in the snow here in MA. It did really well. Never owned an AWD before and it is a significant difference. I think it is a much stiffer suspension than the SXT and others on this forum have stated it is pretty noticeable.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,331 Posts
Hey Hal,thats what I was looking for, but it seems those leather seats are standard, at least that's what its says on the build a dodge site....and god knows what that Technology Grp option even is. LOL....Just seems to me wayyyyyyyyy to much tech on these cars, not that that is a bad thing, just don"t like paying for stuff when it breaks............and it will.

Seeing I'm almost paying for what a RT is going for, might as well look at them.........although I was happy with the 6 banger.

Rich
The Technology Group Pkg: (this pkg is $1195 msrp)
*Adaptive Cruise Control
*Rain sensing wipers
*Auto high-beams

GT Interior Package: ($995 msrp)
*Heated/vented seats
*506w Audio - Sound Grp II/ 9 speaker
*Alcantara / leather seats

the car comes with leather seats (not the alcantara/leather version) and heated /vented function. These would be the same seats as SXT Plus or R/T Plus Trim.

std audio is 276w 6 speaker

Its a matter of dealer tracking down inventory for a white car w/o those packages and you still have a comprehensively equipped car for ~ $34.5k before incentives.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I get my best deals by buying cars on the last day of the quarter. I got $8K off MSRP my GT and have already put 13K miles on it. The AWD works great if needed. I've been on snow, ice and beach sand without any issues. The 30mpg on the hwy was a pleasant surprise.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I you have no problem with your RWD Challenger and don't have a desire for the AWD like I did. You would be better off getting a V6 if you want less options and save a lot of money as the GT's are pretty well loaded up stock. But if you can afford the GT but don't want the options you should look at a base model R/T all the new V8's get the active exhaust and they sound great and if you have never tried a V8 you should try one. I bought a 2016 R/T V8 Hemi and I loved it so much that I traded in my DD Focus ST in for a Challenger GT because I wanted to try an AWD car and also drive a Challenger all year round.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Snow tires are cheaper than a GT. I live in Illinois and have an R/T. Never had problems driving in the winter. If you're good with a bare bones model, you can probably find an R/T that's cheaper than that GT, including a set of snow tires. You'd be fine in the winter and you'd have more fun in the summer. And you'd still come out ahead.

My two cents.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks guys for all the info.............im thinking of going the sxt route, or a cheaper r/t deal.

I really liked that gt, one issue is I always laugh at my friends who have heated seats couldn"t understand why you would want that. LOL

This has the heated seats, and heated steering wheel to boot..................I would never hear the end of that.

Other option is just to keep my 2010, still in love with it since I bought it in 2012.

Thanks for the help

Rich

·
Registered
14,269 Posts
There's a Cold Weather Group on base SXT or R/ T that gives you the heated wheel and seats even with cloth interior, $495. That and the Hemi should be all you need!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
We all drove RWD cars for decades in the snow in New England. If you don't live on a big hill (in WI?) you don't need it. Four snows will do you fine.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I really liked that gt, one issue is I always laugh at my friends who have heated seats couldn"t understand why you would want that. LOL

This has the heated seats, and heated steering wheel to boot..................I would never hear the end of that.

Other option is just to keep my 2010, still in love with it since I bought it in 2012.

Thanks for the help

Rich
My 2016 SXT+ is the first car I owned that had a heated steering wheel. I'm someone that doesn't like to drive wearing gloves, so this is a big help to me when it gets below freezing. After 10 minutes, I shut it off, but it's not like it ever got hot enough to burn you or anything. The heated seats? I have them too, but can live without them. Oh, another great help in the cold is to have a remote starter, so the car can be warm before you get in.

There is nothing wrong with keeping your 2010. I had a 2009 S/E for 5 years. There have been many upgrades since 2010...So, you will love going with a new GT/SXT, but you can also stand pat and hold on to your 2010. Decisions, decisions...

Have you test driven a new GT or SXT?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My 2016 SXT+ is the first car I owned that had a heated steering wheel. I'm someone that doesn't like to drive wearing gloves, so this is a big help to me when it gets below freezing. After 10 minutes, I shut it off, but it's not like it ever got hot enough to burn you or anything. The heated seats? I have them too, but can live without them. Oh, another great help in the cold is to have a remote starter, so the car can be warm before you get in.

There is nothing wrong with keeping your 2010. I had a 2009 S/E for 5 years. There have been many upgrades since 2010...So, you will love going with a new GT/SXT, but you can also stand pat and hold on to your 2010. Decisions, decisions...

Have you test driven a new GT or SXT?
Haven"t driven either yet. BUT today I test drove a 2017 R/T with the shaker hood............yeah, I'm liking that one for sure, its white like wanted but it had that damn sunroff...they want $36,900 for it, but they will only give me $9,000 of mine.

Was gonna start a thread in the R/T section, to see if they still have that timming chain or whatever the problem was with the auto.

So I'm at $25,500 plus my car $10,00 for the GT, or $29,992 and my car, this is with tax and all the stuff............gotta say I'm liking that shaker hood though.

I don"t like the hassel of selling my cars myself, nothing but greif, so I'm thinking of just taking the 10 grand for my car..........then go out and buy one private, saving some money on taxes and not lining the dealers pocket.

Still looking for some better deals, no rush..........no matter what, I still have my 2010, which I still love.

Rich

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Haven"t driven either yet. BUT today I test drove a 2017 R/T with the shaker hood............yeah, I'm liking that one for sure, its white like wanted but it had that damn sunroff...they want $36,900 for it, but they will only give me $9,000 of mine.

Was gonna start a thread in the R/T section, to see if they still have that timming chain or whatever the problem was with the auto.

So I'm at $25,500 plus my car $10,00 for the GT, or $29,992 and my car, this is with tax and all the stuff............gotta say I'm liking that shaker hood though.

I don"t like the hassel of selling my cars myself, nothing but greif, so I'm thinking of just taking the 10 grand for my car..........then go out and buy one private, saving some money on taxes and not lining the dealers pocket.

Still looking for some better deals, no rush..........no matter what, I still have my 2010, which I still love.

Rich
Shop around if you're not in a hurry, you'll find what you want eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
If you live in Illinois or near there St. Charles Dodge discounts their GT's about $7k I bought my Scat there and looked online because I like those people (got $8k off AND free katzkin leather). So go look online. I got nothing to do with them but their prices make it the only place to buy.....OH also gave me more money for my trade than it was worth.

·
Registered
2012 R/T
108 Posts
Just seems to me wayyyyyyyyy to much tech on these cars, not that that is a bad thing, just don"t like paying for stuff when it breaks............and it will.
You mean besides the engine, transmission, door modules, radio head end, abs, etc... The whole car is electronic. What's a few more bells and whistles? When the North Koreans detonate that warhead in the upper atmosphere it'll end up being a 3800 pound paperweight anyway.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
You mean besides the engine, transmission, door modules, radio head end, abs, etc... The whole car is electronic. What's a few more bells and whistles? When the North Koreans detonate that warhead in the upper atmosphere it'll end up being a 3800 pound paperweight anyway.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
If an EMP kills the electronics in my Challengers I guess I will have to drive one of my Oldsmobiles. No computer chips or control modules in these dependable old analog vehicles.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts