Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking so I got this right in my head..........instructions say to over lap 1/8 or less, to tuck into fender.

But all the hash marks I see on cars & videos show them about a 1/8 or so before the hood & fender openings, now if I overlap according to the instructions I'm a little away from the body lines.

Which way are you guys doing yours..........graphics from BW

Rich

·
Registered
799 Posts
No one else has chimed in so I'll throw in my 2 cents, but I don't have hashes on my car.

I would attempt to center between the 2 if it were me (OCD me), rather than being too close or far on one side. If not that, then I would line up on the body line rather than tuck in the other side.

Whats the car color and hood color? That may change my mind depending.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one else has chimed in so I'll throw in my 2 cents, but I don't have hashes on my car.

I would attempt to center between the 2 if it were me (OCD me), rather than being too close or far on one side. If not that, then I would line up on the body line rather than tuck in the other side.

Whats the car color and hood color? That may change my mind depending.
The color is that knuckle white, and the hash marks are matte black. The instructions are a little confusing for me, seem to contradict each other.

To clarify I'm not complaining about the product, I'm just having a little trouble following the instructions, and wanted to see what some others were doing with the hash marks.

The car is a 2017 GT

Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
They do contradict each other lol. Great quality control. I used the same company for my RT side stripes though, work great.

In my opinion, I'd center the fender piece from edge to edge if you get what I mean. Leave the same distance from the panel gap at the hood as on the other side. That is if they truly are too short to reach both ends. Then I'd put the hood piece on, matching the distance that the decal on the fender left from the panel gap.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,236 Posts
I think step #5 of the instructions is implying that you've already taped into place the hood stripe (but not peeled off the backing and applied it), then the fender stripe, with the intent to apply the fender stripe first.

My $0.02

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think step #5 of the instructions is implying that you've already taped into place the hood stripe (but not peeled off the backing and applied it), then the fender stripe, with the intent to apply the fender stripe first.

My $0.02
LOL, you can read step # 5 a few times, still not making sense to me...........im having a guy do this tomorrow, hopefully he can figure it out.

Seems theres a couple ways of doing this, some tuck it over the fender/hood gap, others leave just a small portion of the hood/fender showing.

If I tuck mine in, its looks like its not gonna meet the body line right, who knows.

If any one has a shot from above of there hash marks, can you throw me a pic, that way I can see whats what with these stripes.

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Looks like it can be done either way

2015_Challenger_SP_HF1.jpg

ch15-gray-dark-red-scat-hash-mark.jpg

A Guy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks A Guy...........got the front ones put on this morning, waiting to hear back from Dodge about fixing the paint issues I have on my trunk lid before I put the back stripe on.

Couple pics, turned out pretty good, hit the fuel door and the GT emblem with a little plasti-dip, ready to rock & roll.

Thanks again for everyones help , I appreciate it.

Rich

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts