Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my car back from the body shop, they had to repaint the hood & Deck lid............tried a search buy nothing came on what I have going on now. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm not going back to that dealer again.

The pics show on the passenger side the hood is sitting a little lower than the fender, and the hood on the drivers side is sitting a little higher than the fender............both back edges seem to be level.

When I mentioned this at the dealer the body guy just rolled his eyes and said theres no adjustment to the hood, you must have brought it in like this...........I said I'm not leaving here until your lazy a$$ does something...........so he lossened the bottom bolt on the passenger side, and installed a shim.........all this did was it raised the back hood up higher on the pass side, so then he put the shim in on the other bolt .......that didn't do anything one way or the other............then I got the usual they all look like this from the factory.

Now ive adjusted my hood on my 66 a lot of times when taking off, pretty easy with the hinges to move around..........not sure where to start with this hood though.

Just wondering if anyone else ran into this , and how you fixed it.

Rich

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
how does the hood sit at the front edge, where it meets the fender and front fascia?

there's strike bumpers at those corners that are easily adjusted. Many of these tend be be high on one side or the other.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Removing and reinstalling the hood shouldn't change the height, at the hinge, normally (although, in the past, many hinges did bolt to the sides of the hood under structure, allowing height adjustment).

My car hasn't been delivered yet or I could give you a better answer. Taking pics of the hinge, how it mounts to the hood and body would help. Some hinges have an adjustable stop that can be used to tune rear height.

I'm a professional collision repair tech, not a bodyman.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how does the hood sit at the front edge, where it meets the fender and front fascia?

there's strike bumpers at those corners that are easily adjusted. Many of these tend be be high on one side or the other.
Hey Hal. sits good at the front edge, looks good by the fender and front fascia, also the back edges towards the windshield look even.

Did some searching, found out if you want the driver side to go down......you turn the passenger knob counterclockwise a turn raising it up.

Drive side clockwise a turn to go down. I'll mess with this tomorrow with my mechanic aka my wife.

Another suggestion ive seen is to mess around with the front hood latch..........so now I have something to do tomorrow. LOL

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts