Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found the car, 2017 Shaker R/T auto stp billet silver
do the 5.7 engines have certain problems? Water. Pumps? Anything I should be
Concerened about? It is highly discounted it has the big 8.4 screen with cloth seats
Im going to trade my 2015 sxt stp if they can make a deal. Been on the dealers inventory for 300+ days

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
I think alternators were other problems timing change tension but on the earlier years. Make sure the sport mode works...should feel a jump in acceleration when engaged at 20-30mph when you test drive. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
The only problems I have read about are the Uconnect freezing up.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I have seen a good number of posts about water pumps failing on 5.7L's that were a few years old. I have had a good look around the front or my 6.4L it looks like it's not a hard job replacing the water pump If you had to out of warranty. If you can work on your car or have a friend with tools and a place to do it it's a job that can be done in an afternoon and you can learn a little about your car and how it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got a shaker base price 32995
6 sp
Shaker package, 9in wheels, STP $4K
Premium brake pads $295
Destination 1K
MSRP was around 38K
Paid 33k. ($5) over base price)
Got the tiny 5" Uconnect.
Strandard options with the RT shaker are decent.
Don't need Nav and heated seats, power tilt. More stuff to need repairs later.
I don't mess with the u connect crap, as long as radio and phone works, I don't mess with the rest.

Bought it for the 6 sp, V8 and shaker Not for all the Tech crap.
Then spent $100 for floor matts, and $100 for splash guards and changed the tires to BFG Gforce All seasons 275/40 rear, 245/45 front. The sport tires will leave rubber dust on the side of your car and be gone in 15-20K miles anyway.

Be patient and make a low offer and wait and see if they call back. I bypassed all the salesman mumbo jumbo about this percent and this much per month and just went and got pre approved @ 2.1% for up to 40K at my credit union, When I got the price I was good with I went and picked up my check and had insurance done. Showed up at dealer, signed a few papers and drove away. No salesman baloney just asked them to give me a bottom line number over the phone.

Do this at a couple dealers and wait for the best offer. I got a response back within a few hours.....So you're saying you will buy this today if I do this price? LoL I even got the doc fees baloney included.

Being mid month and almost end of year and a leftover 2017, you got a lot in your favor. Give them a $500 dep first and tell them you're waiting on your bank and drag your feet as long as you can. Closer to the end of the month they will be more motivated to move inventory/meet sales goals etc...(I used to work in sales)

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im working them down already. Is your Shaker a 2017?
How is that Active Exhaust? I am also in sales Im familiar with end of month etc.
I wonder why this car has not sold? Maybe because it has cloth interior?
It has 8.4 w/ auto 8 speed stp backup cam 20” wheels its really nice. Im so close to pulling the trigger

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I bet the seats. Never know. I got my 16 billet scat pack march 31st. So over a year old.....well over. LOADED minus tech. Hk and threw in katzkin in my choice of color combinations. Nothing wrong with it..........TRUST ME!

Good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2015 sxt with super track pack I love the car. Now I realize
I should have got a Hemi when I was shopping they took my low ball offer on
this 2015 sxt and it was so clean and had some fun features paddle shift backup cam
The big wheels performance brakes etc. I am
Bitten by the Mopar bug my wife thinks its a mid life crisis? Hahahah
If they can give me a decent trade value.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have a 2015 sxt with super track pack I love the car. Now I realize
I should have got a Hemi when I was shopping they took my low ball offer on
this 2015 sxt and it was so clean and had some fun features paddle shift backup cam
The big wheels performance brakes etc. I am
Bitten by the Mopar bug my wife thinks its a mid life crisis? Hahahah
If they can give me a decent trade value.

I got the same thing. As I told my people I DON'T SEE ANY CRISIS!!! Perhaps critically FUN! Trust me, they are JEALOUS.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
496 Posts
Good luck and hope it works out for you.. The 5.7 is a great motor. I wish my 15 had the active exhaust but oh well.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im working them down already. Is your Shaker a 2017?
How is that Active Exhaust? I am also in sales Im familiar with end of month etc.
I wonder why this car has not sold? Maybe because it has cloth interior?
It has 8.4 w/ auto 8 speed stp backup cam 20” wheels its really nice. Im so close to pulling the trigger
Yes mine is 2017....Active Exhaust is good sounding and no need for upgrades there. Has the back up camera, sport and traction button. No performance pages.
Kinda glad I don't have all that stuff to fiddle with. Like I said the standard RT shaker options are pretty decent.
Power seat, mirror defrost, auto dim rearview mirror, power windows, steering wheel radio controls, backup sensors/park assist, and cruise control are all useful.

The stuff like auto dimming headlights, adaptive cruise control, heated seats and steering wheel, and power tilt, I never had on any other car and don't need or wish I had. Just more stuff/buttons/sensors to repair down the road. (I set the steering wheel position and never need to adjust again but once).

Good to have the 9" wheels so you can fit 275's on the rear at least. F1 summer tires are easy to spin in the rain. I swapped those for all seasons and much better as well as having a little more rubber under the rear.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel the same way I dont need adaptive cc or power tilt wheel
I dont mind the cloth sport seats. the 8.4 screen size with STP gets the performance pages
I have the same car in the SXT stp its awesome I just want the Hemi power and that shaker hood is so cool looking.
Do they have issues with the trim on the Shaker hood? I read online that some Shakers have some stuff pulling up or peeling?
Not a big fan of the decals on the hood roof and trunk those would get removed asap

·
Registered
148 Posts
I feel the same way I dont need adaptive cc or power tilt wheel
I dont mind the cloth sport seats. the 8.4 screen size with STP gets the performance pages
I have the same car in the SXT stp its awesome I just want the Hemi power and that shaker hood is so cool looking.
Do they have issues with the trim on the Shaker hood? I read online that some Shakers have some stuff pulling up or peeling?
Not a big fan of the decals on the hood roof and trunk those would get removed asap
Jaybird,

I've got a 2017 Shaker. Just finished removing all of the stripes but the one down the middle. Looks a whole lot better IMHO. Only problem I've had with the Shaker so far is one of the pins underneath the hood surround broke off while drying the car after washing it. No sign of it coming loose but am watching it. The Uconnect had acted a little sketchy at first but did a software upgrade and it's all better now.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
So I found the car, 2017 Shaker R/T auto stp billet silver
do the 5.7 engines have certain problems? Water. Pumps? Anything I should be
Concerened about? It is highly discounted it has the big 8.4 screen with cloth seats
Im going to trade my 2015 sxt stp if they can make a deal. Been on the dealers inventory for 300+ days
I think I almost bought that car a few weeks ago, dealer down here in So Cal was going to trade for it......but I wanted a red one instead.

One option that is a must have on the HUGE blind spots on the Challenger is the "Drivers Convenient Package" comes with the blind spot monitoring, brighter headlights and a few other things....the blind spot monitoring is awesome!!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
One option that is a must have on the HUGE blind spots on the Challenger is the "Drivers Convenient Package" comes with the blind spot monitoring, brighter headlights and a few other things....the blind spot monitoring is awesome!!
AMEN...can't see squat with those rear pillars. Although I turn the chimes off as it gets annoying but the amber triangles in the side mirrors are a huge help. It also helps backing out of spots and the chime is completely different when it detects cross traffic so you know it is for an oncoming car and not from a stationary object in the road.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So my best friends father worked for Chrysler for 40 years retired as an executive in Auburn Hills Mi. He can get me the PP plan friends plan
1% below factory Invoice on this 2017 Dodge Challenger RT Shaker. My question is how do I find out the factory invoice $ amount?
When I mentioned the PP plan the salesman said we've already discounted it past way below that. I think he doesnt know what he's talking about, I said your looking at the retail invoice the window sticker is not the FACTORY invoice maybe the sales manager only has that info? Anyway this dealer is out of my immediate area Im going to drive there and present PP paperwork and have ot explained I know from talking to my buddy’s Father he said the dealer gets a kickback, this helps sell cars! Some control # is needed its sort of complicated process but this could benefit me and this purchase.

If anyone knows the answer to factory invoice that would be great! Or have any experience in PP plan let me know please

Thanks
Jaybird

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
1% on the factory invoice of the car or performance pages? PP plan is something like $150 a year so that is a buck and some change.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
To utilize the Friends and Family plan is called PP
Sorry u must be confused Not perfromance Pages...

This is a tool to help sell cars the Employee discount is 5% below factory invoice / friends amd family discount 1% below factory invoice

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,602 Posts
To utilize the Friends and Family plan is called PP
Sorry u must be confused Not perfromance Pages...

This is a tool to help sell cars the Employee discount is 5% below factory 8nvoice / friends amd family discount 1% below factory invoice
Of course I am confused because you keep calling it a PP plan which is Performance Pages plan. What you are referring to is the Preferred Pricing, thanks for clearing it up by telling me what PP stands for...your are #1. :naughty:

https://www.carmanchryslerjeepdodge.com/affiliate-rewards---preferred-pricing.htm

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/FCAUS/JSP/loginLayout.jsp

1 - 20 of 24 Posts