Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 R/T with the 20 inch wheels which I believe are 9 inches wide and I want to give it a good looking stance with a wider tire which I want it wide enough that you can tell they are defiantly wider all the way around but not to wide where they stick out. Can someone pleas tell me what would be the widest tire I could run without sticking out maybe improve handling and not hit the inside on a 9 inch wheel? Thanks!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did 275's around they don't stick out that was on the stock 20's. Not the greatest pic but shows the side...

-Dogg

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Better pic

-Dogg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
If not a Scat Pack, I believe your wheels are 20x8". Widest recommended would be 255/45. Paste your vin here and get window sticker and build sheet to confirm

A Guy

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 2017 RT plus BT and mine came with 9's (Non Scat Pack) just have to verify then look up your alternate options I have heard of people running 305's but that scares me too much. Best of luck on your rubber pursuit.

-Dogg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If not a Scat Pack, I believe your wheels are 20x8". Widest recommended would be 255/45. Paste your vin here and get window sticker and build sheet to confirm

A Guy
Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it but I'll have to measure them, they are after market wheels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 2017 RT plus BT and mine came with 9's (Non Scat Pack) just have to verify then look up your alternate options I have heard of people running 305's but that scares me too much. Best of luck on your rubber pursuit.

-Dogg
Thanks I a lot, I'll verify what I have and probably wait till next summer and maybe do a wider wheel all the way around.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
If they are 20x9", 275s all around will work

A Guy

·
Registered
109 Posts
What's that drink you're making with cream soda?
Chilled Sailor Jerry mixed with A&W cream soda best drink ever... throw it on the rocks if your SJ is not freezer chilled trust me!

-Dogg

·
Registered
109 Posts
33% SJ to 66%A&W

·
Registered
225 Posts
Michelin Pilot 4 Summer, 275/40ZR20 XL $324 each, if you are a member at costco, right now, & then $110 dollar rebate on installation, which is is good.
Love the summer tires ,very quiet. Excellent grip. Don't run them in the winter. That's what Jeeps are for.

I would like to find two black noise rims and put Michelin Pilot 275's on the rear. Awesome!
Cuda340's pics above sold me on the idea. (y)
I shall check the for-sale section for a deal.
The two I take off I would just run on the front with the other two fronts and just wear them out up there, or until the noise on the Goodyears drive me frikken crazy! :alien: which ever comes first.
Then I would have a good stagger setup like the Lexus.
Its good to have a plan, LOL
have a good one.

·
Registered
109 Posts

A Guy
Whats crazy is I have actually measured my wheels and they came out 9" however putting my VIN in and looking at the build sheet its listed as 20X8 Gloss black painted aluminum wheels. I am not the original owner and the wheels have to be stock and without question Discount Tire mounted the 275 without any warnings??? It's been my daily driver all summer no issues...Could the 20X8's measure out 9" wide at the rim? Could the original owner have replaced the 20X8's with 20X9's? Me going to 305's in the rear on these wheels is totally out of the question now...

-Dogg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whats crazy is I have actually measured my wheels and they came out 9" however putting my VIN in and looking at the build sheet its listed as 20X8 Gloss black painted aluminum wheels. I am not the original owner and the wheels have to be stock and without question Discount Tire mounted the 275 without any warnings??? It's been my daily driver all summer no issues...Could the 20X8's measure out 9" wide at the rim? Could the original owner have replaced the 20X8's with 20X9's? Me going to 305's in the rear on these wheels is totally out of the question now...

-Dogg
Take a look at this thread in another forum, particularly the photo in message #13. It shows where the wheel size is stamped on the inside of the rim.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,196 Posts
I have 295's on 9 1/2" wheels in the rear on mine, and they don't stick out.

·
Registered
550 Posts

-Dogg
Wheels are measured from inner lip to inner lip. So if you measured outside to outside, an 8” wheel will measure ~9”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts