Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is year three of my 2015 Sublime SPS.
The car has been a fantastic Daily driver, I have over 37000 miles on it with Zero issues to date.
I take it to the track in the spring and fall and it runs consistent 11.9s-12.0s on street tires, and down into 11.6-11.7s with DR's :grin2:.

Being year two it was time to redo the C-Quartz Finest and paint correction. The paint has help up exceptionally well with only a few chips to speak of.
I also decided to add some new "SHAKER" Logo side stripes and Lloyd's custom floor mats to freshen it up a little. I always felt that something was needed to break up the Sublime on the sides.

Here are some pics---, Well no more pics thanks to photobucket, FUC them if they think I'm paying $400 a year, lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
That thing is friggin sweet. I wish sublime was available on my model year.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Usually I believe that top stripe + side tripe is a no no but you pulled it off quite nicely. Looks great.

Total side question, you mentioned it is your daily driver, how long of a daily work commute you do on that? I ask because I nearly bought one but was a little leery due to my daily commute.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Very nice looking car...

·
Registered
380 Posts
where did you get your mats? I love the sublime outline on the mats. I need to get a pair of those

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually I believe that top stripe + side tripe is a no no but you pulled it off quite nicely. Looks great.

Total side question, you mentioned it is your daily driver, how long of a daily work commute you do on that? I ask because I nearly bought one but was a little leery due to my daily commute.
It's about 138 miles each way. I love the drive, with the vented seats is like sitting on a fluffy cloud, one of the most comfortable cars I have owned. I also love the fact I average 28-29 mpg.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It's about 138 miles each way. I love the drive, with the vented seats is like sitting on a fluffy cloud, one of the most comfortable cars I have owned. I also love the fact I average 28-29 mpg.
Damn, and I was shying away from a 6.4 due to a 90 mile round trip. Your an inspiration!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn, and I was shying away from a 6.4 due to a 90 mile round trip. Your an inspiration!
Go for it the engine is a beast. I've been driving it like I stole it from day one.
No breaking it in, no babying it, no "catch can" or any of that silly stuff. Keeps getting faster as it gets more miles on it and doesn't burn a drop of oil to boot. Has never had an issue of any kind.

·
Registered
515 Posts
How in the world are you getting that MPG? I am guessing that is highway with cruse control on, what speeds are you cruising at?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's an A8 with MDS enabled (one of the best thing ever imo), 135 miles of it is all highway, and cruise control is on and set to 64 mph 99% of the way.
Car just purrs along at just over 1700 rpm.

·
Super Moderator
15,379 Posts

That is a rare instance the having the Shaker stripes + side stripes that worked visually. Probably since they both run linear front to back is what brought it all together.

I have the Lloyd clear mats that I overlay on on my red border SP mats (I have red leather interior) - so I can still see the pimpy red borders that go along with my interior...and keep the OEM mats clean.
[we get a lot of rain here in the PNW...44" this season]

·
Registered
515 Posts
It's an A8 with MDS enabled (one of the best thing ever imo), 135 miles of it is all highway, and cruise control is on and set to 64 mph 99% of the way.
Car just purrs along at just over 1700 rpm.
Yea its a nice system to have, one of the reasons I am making the move from the 6 speed. I did not think numbers like that were possible, with either V8.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Now that is one NICE car! :wink3:

·
Registered
744 Posts
That rocks.I have a Sublime R/T non Scat Pack.Love Sublime.Never thought I would trade in my PCP R/T but Sublime is the only color I would have traded it in for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts