Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Challenger RT Coupe
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestion on performance mods for 5.7 L RT - exhaust and cold air induction? Looking to enhance HP and torque .

·
Registered
518 Posts
exhaust is more about sound unless you do long tube headers, and cai isn't going to change your life either. i do, however, have both but i think helps with the s/c. since your in the FI section, if you really want to increase HP and torque, supercharger is the way to go.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
exhaust is more about sound unless you do long tube headers, and cai isn't going to change your life either. i do, however, have both but i think helps with the s/c. since your in the FI section, if you really want to increase HP and torque, supercharger is the way to go.
+1 on the SC. Easy to install and rides like stock (provided you have a good tune) when you are not on the pedal, but stomp on it and let the power grab your cheeks to make you smile, as the cost probably will have you initially frowning. However, if you go this route good luck trying to get any warranty work on the powertrain (although some vendors offer warranties). I can care less about warranty as I always do my own repairs and if something fails it gives me an excuse to upgrade.

Have a look here for potential power gains. I am not affiliated with API but their customer build site convinced me.
shopHEMI.com

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Good luck. I would just get the sound how I liked it. So you can put it together for sale. If you must have more the Scats are not a bad way to go.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Argh, I think I got my threads crossed. There is another question on mods where SC was mentioned. If you want a different exhaust tone (louder), I would try deleting the mid mufflers first as it will give you more grrr (negligible power increase) and still allow you to retain the active exhaust. You can do it yourself using an exhaust cutter, clamps and some stainless pipe which all can be had from Summit. Or have a muffler shop weld in straight pipe.

If you have an auto, there may be some unwanted sound characteristics from when the MDS kicks on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts