Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pictures of my car with a set of the 18" Police wheels. I bought the set off of Craigslist, but had to clean them up quite a bit. Tire size on there currently is 225/60/18. I plan on using them through the winter. I do have the dog dishes for the center but haven't put them on yet. I think they look pretty good just the way they are right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,545 Posts
Should cut thru sleet quite well. I was going to suggest that the center caps should be put on to protect the hub nut/thread but it just might trap more salt.

·
Premium Member
2,331 Posts
You make me feel like such an underachiever. :nerd:

Those wheels look great! I have the same size tires that I use in the winter. Skinny is better for driving through snow. My wheels are off a 2010 S/E(Aluminum alloy). The clear overcoat is showing spider cracks. I just want to spray paint them black to hide all the ugliness, but I only have these wheels on my car for a couple of months, so I don't really care how pretty they are, and they will be covered in road salt a few times...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You make me feel like such an underachiever. :nerd:

Those wheels look great! I have the same size tires that I use in the winter. Skinny is better for driving through snow. My wheels are off a 2010 S/E(Aluminum alloy). The clear overcoat is showing spider cracks. I just want to spray paint them black to hide all the ugliness, but I only have these wheels on my car for a couple of months, so I don't really care how pretty they are, and they will be covered in road salt a few times...
Thank you very much, it kind of sucked sanding and painting them but I did them when I had some idle time. It took maybe 4 -5 hours over the course of 2 weeks to do all 4 of them.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I Really like that! Looks So tough. Old school for sure. Yes leave it alone in my view. Since everything else on the car is blackened perhaps black lugs too. Either way can't miss. Mind telling me what you use for wax? That looks killer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Really like that! Looks So tough. Old school for sure. Yes leave it alone in my view. Since everything else on the car is blackened perhaps black lugs too. Either way can't miss. Mind telling me what you use for wax? That looks killer.
I use Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That looks pretty good.... yeah, it does have that old-school look to it.... which is never a bad thing. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts