Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

The stock 9 inch wide wheels and 245's are pathetic. I had this on my 350z with half the power no where near enough grip. I want after market wheels and tires. After doing a ton of prior research I've found that the magic number for rear wheels is 20x10.5 +23 - +25 for 305 tires. Does anyone have any suggestions for offsets in the front at 20x10. I would like to have a minimum of 285 front and 305 - 315 rear.

Also what do you guys suggest for wheel brand and tires. Wheels wise I'm really interested in Forgestar F14's but open to suggestions. Tires I was thinking Mickey Thompson, Nitto, Toyo, or Pirelli. Any suggestion on tire brands and sidewall size I don't want it to be 4x4 height sidewalls but I also don't want rubber bands.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
I believe the common front wheel offset is 18. But not sure you can run bigger than 275s in the front.

A Guy

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the common front wheel offset is 18. But not sure you can run bigger than 275s in the front.

A Guy
A Guy,

I appreciate your input. If 275 is the max and offset +18 works for the front then I will stay there. Would you know which is better or worse +23 or +25 for the rears? It seems like there is almost difference between the two in terms of fitment. Still trying to decide between a nice sticky tire and sidewall height. If you have any suggestions it would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
I'd do the lower offset, 23 in the rear. I'm 25 and with a 315 tire, there isn't much room.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
I have a 2014 rt with factory hellcat wheels .
They are 9.5" wide and 18 offset.
I'm running pilot super sports.
Im running 285/35 all around right now but plan on widening the rear wheels.
After I do I will swap 305/35s onto the rear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have pictures of where it sits in relation to the quarter panel?

Awesome Scat and I really appreciate the pictures it helps a lot. Is it flush with the quarter panel or sticks out just a little? Also have you had an issues with rocks or anything getting kicked up on the lower side of the rear bumper?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Awesome Scat and I really appreciate the pictures it helps a lot. Is it flush with the quarter panel or sticks out just a little? Also have you had an issues with rocks or anything getting kicked up on the lower side of the rear bumper?
It's pretty flush, love that the tire pokes a little from behind.

No chips yet, but they've only been on for about 200 miles..

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From the front.

That does look pretty great. How do you like the 315's in terms of grip? It doesn't look like it in the pictures but is there much sidewall bulge? Do you feel it is a nice contact patch?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
It's pretty flush, love that the tire pokes a little from behind.

No chips yet, but they've only been on for about 200 miles..

Thanks!

Get thee to Mopar splash guards before there are! :)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
That does look pretty great. How do you like the 315's in terms of grip? It doesn't look like it in the pictures but is there much sidewall bulge? Do you feel it is a nice contact patch?
315 Grip is great. You can still smoke them if you drop the clutch, but in normal driving they grip very well in comparison to the 245 or even the 275.

Sidewall bulge is very very minimal. Only time I can tell there is a little bulge is if I look at the rear and then compare it to the front 275 on 9.5.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
315 Grip is great. You can still smoke them if you drop the clutch, but in normal driving they grip very well in comparison to the 245 or even the 275.

Sidewall bulge is very very minimal. Only time I can tell there is a little bulge is if I look at the rear and then compare it to the front 275 on 9.5.
Awesome I appreciate all the great feedback. I'll like do 315's as I want as much grip as possible since it's not feasible to daily DR's. I'm still deciding on wheels right now. I'm very interested in Forgestar F14's as they are pretty reputable company and I love the look in gloss black but the best price I have found is 2k shipped plus it's 6-8 week period to build and ship to me. What wheels do you have?

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
That just looks awesome.... That is what I am saving for... I still want to keep 245/45 R20s in the front on a 9" or 9.5" rim and go with Mopar Stage 1 springs and Bilstein's. What Springs are you running?
Thanks!

I'm stock height.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts