Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Stock exhaust isn't loud enough for me and the valves are making it difficult to find and exhaust. The seemingly best option the Magnaflow Competition catback. However, even with this it's not he highest grade stainless steel, requires you to basically zip tie the valves to the bottom of the car, and most of all cost some 15-1600 dollars. Getting rid of the valves does not bother me but I don't know if I want them hanging from my car. Does anyone have real world experience with this exhaust who could provide more insight? Also a cheaper solution I am highly considering is to have a shop cutout the mufflers and resonators can anyone comment on this route as well?

Thanks,

·
Registered
189 Posts
Same concerns with my '16 SPS. Decided to remove the mufflers and replace with straight pipe. Then I bought the active exhaust simulators and mounted out of the way in the trunk. the wiring is plenty long enough, just have to reroute through the trunk grommet by the battery. Exhaust sounds nice now.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I replaced the factory mid-mufflers with the Flowmaster Super 10's. I cannot speak for Auto trans owners - but on my 6-speed it has zero drone. The sound is awesome and it's probably 30% louder. I left everything else stock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same concerns with my '16 SPS. Decided to remove the mufflers and replace with straight pipe. Then I bought the active exhaust simulators and mounted out of the way in the trunk. the wiring is plenty long enough, just have to reroute through the trunk grommet by the battery. Exhaust sounds nice now.
That's a great idea I never thought of that. Have you thrown a CEL yet at all? Also did you delete the resonator or keep it at just the muffler?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced the factory mid-mufflers with the Flowmaster Super 10's. I cannot speak for Auto trans owners - but on my 6-speed it has zero drone. The sound is awesome and it's probably 30% louder. I left everything else stock.
Did you leave the valves in? Yeah I bet yours sounds great I've heard good things about super 10's

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone here have any experience with Borla Atak or Borla in general? I've seen a bunch of videos on the Atak and it sounds very loud. I guess they have two versions one that keeps the valves and one that deletes them

·
Registered
189 Posts
No CEL because the AEV's are still functioning as designed but away from the exhaust pipes and in in the trunk.
Kept the resonators and just deleted the mufflers.

That's a great idea I never thought of that. Have you thrown a CEL yet at all? Also did you delete the resonator or keep it at just the muffler?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No CEL because the AEV's are still functioning as designed but away from the exhaust pipes and in in the trunk.
Kept the resonators and just deleted the mufflers.

Pretty sweet plan I'm going to look into doing that. Basically what magnaflow does with their exhaust. Still weighing out he merit if getting an after market exhaust. All the systems I've seen are the size pipe diameter so if I can just delete the muffler with a straight pipe keep the resonator it's basically the same thing without spending 1600 dollars which is outrageous for a bunch stainless steel pipe.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone here have any experience with Borla Atak or Borla in general? I've seen a bunch of videos on the Atak and it sounds very loud. I guess they have two versions one that keeps the valves and one that deletes them
The ATAK series is extremely loud. Similar to the SLP loudmouths. I have a friend with the ATAK mufflers on his SRT and I can't take the noise if I get beside him in traffic. I will say, inside his car is not that bad. But outside it is hell.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The ATAK series is extremely loud. Similar to the SLP loudmouths. I have a friend with the ATAK mufflers on his SRT and I can't take the noise if I get beside him in traffic. I will say, inside his car is not that bad. But outside it is hell.
Is his the full Atak exhaust or the Atak mufflers on the stock pipe? Did he get rid of the valves or keep them?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I made a comparison video. I did a simple resonator delete and swapped the mufflers.

https://youtu.be/-9AUlY87TWs

Love the results. Here's the video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Great video very detailed sounds awesome. It's steering me more towards just deleting stuff out of the factory pipes. I don't see the point of spending 1600 on an exhaust if it's the same pipe diameter when you can delete the muffler, resonator, or both

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Guys ended up ordering the Borla Attak hellcat version. Does anyone know how to remove the stock tips? It looks like it is welded on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts