Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'm wanting to beef up the sound of my exhaust. What's everyone opinions on doing a straight pipe? Or what would they do. I'm not really worried about performance just sound. I also can't spend a lot of money. Wife is wanting to save money as we are building our home. Any input or suggestions would be awesome.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,882 Posts
I just bought a '16 SXT and I am wondering the same dang thing, it sounds like a Prius in stock form.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Go to youtube and search for 2016 challenger SXT straight pipe

Be aware, it will drone like crazy. The V6 really doesn't sound great, not like a V8. It needs some "management" IMHO. As mentioned, the Solo sounds best to my ears.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I just had 2 Flowmaster Super 44's installed on my 2016 SXT PLUS and they sound great and no interior drone.

Had the rear "suitcase" resonators cut off and the Flowmasters installed where the mid pipe mufflers were.

Nice rumble at idle and sounds great when you get on it but not obnoxiously loud.

All kinds of vids on YOUTUBE with the Super 44's installed on the 3.6 or SXT if you look.

Cost was minimal at local exhaust shop, charged me $160.00 for the install which included cutting off the mid pipe mufflers and the rear resonators and the Flowmasters set me back $160.00 for the set also.
There are pages and pages of Super 44's on fleabay for sale, most people ask $88 each, I made an offer of $80 each and 2 different sellers accepted my offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts