Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks, that helps a lot! I'll be ordering that shortly!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Looking at the website, it appears that part number is for the steel wheel only, no tire.
I think I may go check the salvage yards first as its gonna get pricey if I buy all new and still have to source a tire as well. Didn't really want to have to do that, but if I can find a wrecked 300/charger/challenger, I might be able to pick up the right spare if somebody didn't already beat me to it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
Ahhh, hadn't thought of that. Yeah, a front end damaged Challenger will be your huckleberry ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,514 Posts
Looking at the website, it appears that part number is for the steel wheel only, no tire.
I think I may go check the salvage yards first as its gonna get pricey if I buy all new and still have to source a tire as well. Didn't really want to have to do that, but if I can find a wrecked 300/charger/challenger, I might be able to pick up the right spare if somebody didn't already beat me to it.

search your local craig's list for "donut spare", you might get lucky...I found 2 here for sale which would fit an LX (one for $35 and the other for way too much to bother with).

You're looking for 5 lug spares that are similar in appearance to this one:

The bolt hole pattern is actually 5x115 if you find any listed by bolt pattern.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
search your local craig's list for "donut spare", you might get lucky...I found 2 here for sale which would fit an LX (one for $35 and the other for way too much to bother with).

You're looking for 5 lug spares that are similar in appearance to this one:

The bolt hole pattern is actually 5x115 if you find any listed by bolt pattern.
Found one on Craigslist today. Was 65 miles away, but that just gave me a reason to go drive. Lol. $25. From an 06 Chrysler 300.

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
Found one on Craigslist today. Was 65 miles away, but that just gave me a reason to go drive. Lol. $25. From an 06 Chrysler 300.

That should work fine...make sure to check the PSIs before stashing in your trunk for later use, it's likely lost 15-25 lbs at least, maybe more if it's just been sitting. Air it up to 60 psi (or whatever it says on the tire-it will list target psi molded into sidewall) and you're good to go.

Note: If they include the scissor jack and lug wrench with it, the lug wrench will likely be for 21mm lug nuts, but your OE lugs are probably bigger (22mm or 7\8"; same thing basically), so you wouldn't be able to use that '06 lug wrench on ur car's lugs, but keep it with that '06 scissor jack because the jack's up/down nut will be same 21mm size.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That should work fine...make sure to check the PSIs before stashing in your trunk for later use, it's likely lost 15-25 lbs at least, maybe more if it's just been sitting. Air it up to 60 psi (or whatever it says on the tire-it will list target psi molded into sidewall) and you're good to go.

Note: If they include the scissor jack and lug wrench with it, the lug wrench will likely be for 21mm lug nuts, but your OE lugs are probably bigger (22mm or 7\8"; same thing basically), so you wouldn't be able to use that '06 lug wrench on ur car's lugs, but keep it with that '06 scissor jack because the jack's up/down nut will be same 21mm size.
I already bought the factory correct jack and wrench from Chrysler, so no issues there. The tire looks to be in good shape, but it's still 11 years old, so I may replace it in the near future. It is 60psi.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,781 Posts
For tires, I think 7-10 years is max life. No cracking? It's hopefully been out of the sun it's whole life and will be ok

A Guy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
For tires, I think 7-10 years is max life. No cracking? It's hopefully been out of the sun it's whole life and will be ok

A Guy
No cracking, looks good. But 11 years sitting in a so cal trunk (a lot of heat exposure), I'm thinking I should replace it sooner or later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Dodge site will let you order a compact spare with a 2018 SXT Plus with Blacktop package. Rick Keefer Dodge has a 2018 Challenger SXT Plus with Blacktop Package and the compact spare. Tried to put the links up but I am not worthy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I could not believe it when I saw that you had to order a spare for an 2017 SXT Plus for $300 when in 2016 the only way you could not get a spare was if you had the HK sound with subs instead of the spare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,391 Posts
Yes they charge for a spare now, on a Charger R/T it's $595!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello!
What the difference between 04782819AB (supersession: 4782819AB), 04782465AB (supersessions: 04782465AA, 4782465AB) and 04895689AA (supersessions: 04895087AA, 4895689AA)?
What is the weight of original spare wheel?

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
Hello!
What the difference between 04782819AB (supersession: 4782819AB), 04782465AB (supersessions: 04782465AA, 4782465AB) and 04895689AA (supersessions: 04895087AA, 4895689AA)?
What is the weight of original spare wheel?
I cannot speak to the difference in all those, but I have weighed the spare tire & wheel, and they comes in at 11.34 kg (25 lbs) IIRC.

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
04782819AB, 04782465AB or 04895689AA comes as wheel (tyre + rim) or just as rim (without tyre)?
Should be rim and tire. I’ve never seen just the rim available anywhere.

·
Premium Member
6,514 Posts
If I had to guess, I’d say that rim weighs 3/4 of what the rim and tire combo weighs, so 7-8 kg probably.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts