Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I purchased a used 2017 sxt plus last month . My question is simple , but I’m sure it may have some in depth answers . QUESTION. what exactly does my sxt plus have that is extra compared to the sxt. I’m talking interior /exterior . Brakes , wheels all the way to interior . I am very curious about this ?. Thanks all in advance .

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,441 Posts
20” wheels, 3.07 rear gears, dual piston front calipers, possibly paddle shifters?

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
possibly paddle shifters?
With Super Track Pack only, R/T was the same.

Also got the R/T suspension.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Hi all
I purchased a used 2017 sxt plus last month . My question is simple , but I’m sure it may have some in depth answers . QUESTION. what exactly does my sxt plus have that is extra compared to the sxt. I’m talking interior /exterior . Brakes , wheels all the way to interior . I am very curious about this ?. Thanks all in advance .
The Plus option has the following:
20" wheels
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Power tilt/telescoping steering column
Hectic Mesh interior bezels
276 watt amp
Fog Lamps
Leather seats
Bright pedals
Parksense rear park assist system
It will not have Super Trak Pak unless it came with that additional seperate option. The easiest way to tell is measure the gap between the top of the front tire and the lip of the fender. If it's approx 3" you do not have STP, if it's approx 1 1/2" you do have STP.
Put your VIN in this link to get your window sticker

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great info....!!
I just measured it is approx 3 inches so I do not have STP. I know I could go online google etc .. I’d rather get my info from Someone who owns a challenger could you tell me what the STP is or does for the SXT plus

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
great info....!!
I just measured it is approx 3 inches so I do not have STP. I know I could go online google etc .. I’d rather get my info from Someone who owns a challenger could you tell me what the STP is or does for the SXT plus
Basically it lowers the car that 1" to 1 1/2" and makes for a rougher ride. I believe it also came with paddle shifters. In case you didn't notice, I added a link to my prior post to get your window sticker. I'm certainly in the minority for this but I really don't like STP. I've had four R/Ts before my SXT Plus and one had the STP. Besides the rougher ride, at work I had to go over those speed bumps with the spikes that pop up like you see at an airport parking lot and even crawling over the speed bump, the spikes would pop up and hit the underside of the car that had STP. I also made the mistake of SLIGHTLY tapping one of those concrete parking lot bumpers and it turns out that the lower grill on the 2008-2014s was a larger peice than people think. It extends down and into the void of the soft plastic spoiler under the bumper to support it and it snapped that into pieces. So I'm not a fan of low riders.

·
Registered
16,219 Posts
great info....!!
Your car would be a little lower and ride a little stiffer and handle a lot better with STP. Also the shocks would be yellow Bilsteins.

You would also get the paddle shifters and since you have Plus with the 8.4 radio, you would have gotten the Performance Pages.

There was a time when Blacktop automatically included STP but that ended in 2014.

STP cars have a nice lowered stance similar to Scat Pack but depending on the roads where you live, might be a little on the firm side.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey man I really I appreciate it .
see I bought this car used without the window sticker , and your link will greatly help.. thank you !

I have the 20 inch wheels all leather interior , I am assuming it is the plus. Well I know it is at least the plus model. The wheels on my car I will post as well.
I’m 💯 percent sure this is the sxt plus and now I know it’s not the lowered model . Is there any other sxt models I Could possibly have .. ?? Or is the plus as far as it goes

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Yes those are the exact same wheels my SXT Plus had. They are called Hyper Black. There is a completely different style wheel that the R/Ts had that was called Hyper Black II. No idea why Dodge would confuse things like that. My Plus option called for polished aluminum with graphite pockets wheels but my car came with those Hyper Black as part of an option package that was only offered very late 2016 to very early 2017 called the Vapor Appearance Package. It was kind of a half-a**ed Blacktop package. It came with a solid stripe over the entire car with two small edge stripes, black fuel door, black spoiler and the hyper black wheels. It still had the satin chrome grill inserts and none of the other Blacktop items like blacked out emblems.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Just use the link above and remove all doubt ;) if you had Blacktop, the front grille surrounds would be black not silver, and the Hectic Mesh on the interior would be the dark brushed, also gloss black surrounds on the vents, etc.

A Guy

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys
Used the link and seen all info on my car .. sxt plus - no blacktop .
I appreciate all your feedback huge help .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts