Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post here. I am looking for the factory challenger t/a spoiler sticker. I have searched the internet high and low with no luck. I purchased the car with the sticker partially missing and would like to replace it. I live a very long distance from the dealership where I purchased it and communication with them has dried up. I would like to find it online. Anyone have any suggestions, thank you in advance.

Kevin

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,773 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk mclaren406. Believe it's the same as the original?

T/A REAR SPOILER DECAL

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
I just went through this last spring!!

The sticker you seek is not available to purchase separate from the spoiler. YEP!! I had to buy the ENTIRE $450 factory T/A spoiler that had the decal already mounted!!! Dealership was just as confused as I was and the regional office was no help. You could try asking Dodge Cares folks, they can find stuff not in the catalogs.

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I am looking for the factory challenger t/a spoiler sticker. I have searched the internet high and low with no luck. I purchased the car with the sticker partially missing and would like to replace it. I live a very long distance from the dealership where I purchased it and communication with them has dried up. I would like to find it online. Anyone have any suggestions, thank you in advance.

Kevin

Reactions: mclaren406

·
Premium Member
9,681 Posts
Hello all,

Kevin
Welcome to the forum. Another dealer that gladly takes your money then ignores you when they are needed.
What dirt bags.

Reactions: JimiMack

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Wouldn't that be a warranty issue if the sticker failed?
I agree!!! Get the dealership to buy you a replacement!!! No reason you should come out of pocket. Someone out there has the correct decal, I refuse to believe the only way it can be purchased is by having the entire assembly! Just because I did this does not mean it's the only way. I just exhausted all the energy I was willing to put into it at that time.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Same as above, good for the original 1970 Challenger, but it's different than the 2017 version.
I like the looks of the 1970 decal. Out with the new, IN WITH THE OLD! Isn't this the whole concept with the "new" Challengers to begin with?

Here's some retro from our 2012 & now our 2016:

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
The OP said he bought it with the sticker partially missing. Fair enough, I hope he got a discount. Dodge says they don't have the decal as a separate item. Odd but believable, I guess it cuts down on cloning. I see no obligation by the dealer to replace the whole spoiler for the decal.

Just an idea, Take a digital photo of a '17 T/A decal and go to a sign making business that makes vinyl signs and get them to take the digital photo, run it through a program then a plotter/vinyl cutter and have one made. should be nearly an exact match.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,773 Posts
I'll be darned if I see any difference between the one I linked to, and the one in his pictures?

A Guy

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a vinyl plotter and have made custom decals for people on here in the past (for free). Never got as much as a thank you. Never again.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'll be darned if I see any difference between the one I linked to, and the one in his pictures?

A Guy
Don't get me wrong, what you posted is very close but if OP wants an exact original decal to his 2017, it needs to look exactly like this. Dodge used the 1970 T/A Decal as their inspiration, no doubt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Take a pencil rubbing of the decal to a sign shop. The first one will cost $ but the next one will seem free.

Note editing takes time that people do not understand

Red

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, thank you. That explains the run around. I have the paperwork listing this as an issue the dealership still has to correct when I noticed it on the showroom floor. Time to go into high gear with them. If its a new spoiler so be it! Absolutely mind blowing that a decal cannot be sold independently from the spoiler. Guess ill get the new motor ordered for my first oil change!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Yes have been told since the 18s are in production its not available. After what hunttriumph1500 posted sounds like a bs story. Will be contacting the dealer.
Well my story is quite true, here is a new T/A spoiler with decal applied. Contact "Dodge We Care Team", maybe they can find a part number for you. They have found several for me on hard to find parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a follow up, the decal is now available to purchase on its own P/N 68305347AA List price of 142.14, dealer charged me 76.45.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts