Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't have HIDs, but need better light. Anyone with the T/A upgraded theirs? Thinking of some JDM 9012 LEDs, but want to make sure there isn't any clearance issues or if they are even worth the $$$.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Really, no HID??? Hard to believe. Don't blame you for wanting them.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Outrageous that you don't.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We don't have HIDs, but need better light. Anyone with the T/A upgraded theirs? Thinking of some JDM 9012 LEDs, but want to make sure there isn't any clearance issues or if they are even worth the $$$.
That's a must in the T/A is to have HID lighting. I can't stand those basic bulbs when it comes to car esp paying over 40 grand for a vehicle that should be standard.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I dunno...if you can't see with these lights do us all a favor and stay off the roads at night lol...I'm 62 and the lights on mine are great for night driving. I very seldom/almost never use high beam even nor the fogs.... :crazy:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lights in there now are probably adequate, but after driving in the Jeep with TruckLite LEDs, they suck in comparison. You'd think with the projector type lenses, they would be more focused, but they really aren't. I am going to go ahead and drop the $110 and get the JDMs and see what happens. I did pull the cover off the back of the head light assembly and there appears to be plenty of room for the extension on the back of these LEDs.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I have the factory HIDs and they are terrible. I have 20/20 vision and there are times that I struggle to see. Also, I believe there was a nonprofit who rated headlight effectiveness on most makes and the Challenger failed.

How do JDMs compare to HIDs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts