Dodge Challenger Forum banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Photograph your dealer mode info before it goes in and after. Keep a running log of what is being replaced.

Hopefully, you get the resolution you need, but so far, I've not heard one person get their issues fixed with a head unit replacement. :frown:
Nope! It's software. 2 replacements and the same issue still happening!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what is happening to mine exactly. I was taking it in today and when I went to start the car was completely dead. The power up and down obviously drained my battery. I was able to jump the car, got it started and drove it to the dealership. I told them to keep it until fixed or sell the damn thing. Been in the shop over 5 times and I don't even have 500 miles yet. Robin with Dodge SRT has been great also, but if this keeps up or can't be fixed timely, something has to be done.

You should check out the lemon law. In Florida if the problem isn’t fixed after three times then you can begin the LL process. Start with the sales team to get things rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nine days since the service people looked at my 2018 Challenger GT. They said the head unit needs replaced, but they need approval from Chrysler to order the part. They still have not received the approval.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine won’t be back in the shop until Jan 3. Today I plugged my iPhone into the USB port to use CarPlay and nothing happened. I tried a few troubleshooting techniques but I be got to say this shit is old!! I’d like to start a class action suit to bust theirs ballz to fix this ongoing issue.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine won’t be back in the shop until Jan 3. Today I plugged my iPhone into the USB port to use CarPlay and nothing happened. I tried a few troubleshooting techniques but I be got to say this shit is old!! I’d like to start a class action suit to bust theirs ballz to fix this ongoing issue.

Same thing happened to me tonight as I was, ironically, coming out of the car audio store. I don't even have am/fm, now. nothing.

Fortunately, mine is going into the shop tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
Challenger
10 Posts
Well I’ve had same issues, SOS wasn’t functioning and after 10-15 calls to Sirius and dodge and both in unison plus 2 visits to the dealership who said nothing was wrong I managed to push for a new head unit. Now the Sos works. However here’s the next issue!!! Locate car function on app doesn’t work! And neither door controls from app, plus after 2 days the navigation send to head unit function also failed. Pretty annoyed now as I seem to be at a dead end.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,230 Posts
Just got an email informing there's a uConnect update available.

Here is a cut/paste from the email:

Just like your smartphone receives automatic updates, your Uconnect® system will now receive over-the-air software updates for fast, easy improvements.

In the next few days, a notification will appear on your Uconnect® touchscreen. Please choose one of the following:

Schedule Update: Set a time when you want the vehicle to wake up and automatically complete the software update. You can set it to update overnight, or anytime. You don't need to do anything further, and the vehicle can still be driven if needed.

Update Now: To start the update now, the engine does not need to be running - there is no need to stay with the vehicle for the software update to complete.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,038 Posts
errrhh yup kinda, I had an issue twice in 2 weeks where my 2017 8.4 got stuck and then self re-booted. Other than that it's been ok.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like 13 pages spread out over a 10 month period, then nothing in the last 4 months must indicate a fix came through. I had a couple minor issues and did an update last May. Since then I had a huccup or 2 with Android Auto. No big deal, but I'm reluctant to apply the available update from last November.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
It's been over 4 months with no posts. Is everyone fat, dumb and happy or just living with uconnect issues?
Handsome, smart, and Challenger owners, so yes happy. You got 1 right ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks like 13 pages spread out over a 10 month period, then nothing in the last 4 months must indicate a fix came through. I had a couple minor issues and did an update last May. Since then I had a huccup or 2 with Android Auto. No big deal, but I'm reluctant to apply the available update from last November.
What update was that? The latest seems to be 16.11 for me and that came out in Aug. What version came out in November?

Besides that though my radio has worked great for a long time now. I say that however, I also went from driving 3k miles a month to 300 miles a month in Feb.(working from home now so have nowhere to go.)

Ron

·
Registered
455 Posts
TSB#08-007-17 Rev H is a software update that they claim fixes the Uconnect issues. I had over 100 random reboots/lockups before my software update on 04/04/20. Over 3,000 miles later no issues.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i'm not sure what version i'm on but i'm just gonna hold off on updating until it stops operating correctly. so far it's not bad. i don't know if i'm missing anything from not updating. this isn't like updating maps. everything for the most part works fine except one time my uconnect would not turn off even after i turned off the engine and locked the door.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What update was that? The latest seems to be 16.11 for me and that came out in Aug. What version came out in November?

Besides that though my radio has worked great for a long time now. I say that however, I also went from driving 3k miles a month to 300 miles a month in Feb.(working from home now so have nowhere to go.)

Ron
My bad. It was Rev h from August. Being fat, DUMB, and happy my brain extrapolated November from the 11 in 16.11 :)
I'm in the same mileage boat with you. I took delivery Feb 2017 and turned 3200 miles yesterday.

·
Registered
515 Posts
No probs for me after that July update none whatsover. 14k miles worth of driving.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do not have Uconnect on my 2018 R/T. Got a new head unit in December which fixed most of my problems but not all. Was told there was a software update coming in Quarter 1. That obviously didn't happen.

Does anyone know when there will be a radio update in 2018 to fix the problems?

121 - 140 of 142 Posts