Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took delivery of a 2017 Challenger RT Plus on June 26, 2017. The car is equipped with a 8.4 NAV/UAQ unit. Shortly after delivery I noticed that the Navigation was not working. When you press the nav on the screen a new screen comes up showing a picture of a blue globe with the land masses in yellow. To the left of the globe it says NAVIGATION LOADING with a series of dots going back and forth. Everything else seems to work fine. I have had this problem for over a month. It seems like I am getting a run around from dodge. The day after delivery I took it back to a dealer. They thought it needed a software update but couldn't do the upgrade because they couldn't get the upgrade to download. I took it back two days latter and they gave me a paper saying there was a new update coming out mid July that would solve my problem. Here it is almost August and no update available and my nav does not work. I have a case opened with UCONNECT for this problem. They told me I have to wait until the upgrade is released. I contacted the director of service and parts at the dealership where I got the car. He told me it needed a new unit and that he would order one. He ordered a new unit on July 18, 2017 and I am still waiting. I don't know who to believe. Is it software or is it a bad unit ? Dodge customer service is horrible. It is obvious to me that they simply don't care. One rep told me during a phone conversation to simply use my phone and Apple Play to get navigation. I was floored when she told me that. Are there any other folks out there with UCONNECT problems that are not getting fixed ? I plan to send Chrysler a certified letter informing them of my problem. I absolutely love the car but I am very frustrated with the fact that the navigation is not working. If anyone has had a UCONNECT problem how did you get it resolved ?

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
I have faith in the director of parts at your dealership. I think it's your head unit.

The NAV should only take a few seconds to load. Your car being a 2017, what are they talking about with software updates already??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts