Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I just want to say hello everyone! I finally got myself one of my dream cars, a 392 challenger! Its a 2018 392 scat pack shaker in torred. Already having fun with it!

Anyways why I am here is I am interested in getting rid of the stock rims I have on them. They are the chrome machined metal or whatever you call it and I just prefer black.
I also have the stock tires from the factory at 245/40/20 in the fronts and 275/40/20 in the rears. The car only has 25k on it, though the tires are getting low as well.
I also apologize if there is a thread already with this information.

Anways my question is about Voxx replica demon wheels for these cars. My goal is to put whatever wheel size will work but put on 275/40/20 tires all around as I want to be able to rotate tires.

I found a pretty good deal on some voxx wheels on discount tire direct.

The wheels seem to come in two widths (9/10.5) and two offsets (20/25mm)
so my question is can i put the 20x10.5s on all four tires including the fronts? these would make them all 25mm.

so if i was to put 4 20x10.5 25mm offset wheels with 4 275/40/20 tires, would i get any rubbing or issues at all?

Let me know!

here is a picture of my car which also shows the stock wheels i have on now.

oh i also have brembo brakes on the car if that makes a difference

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
283 Posts
I don’t think 10.5 will fit front. You really need 9.5 rim to run 275s all the way around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t think 10.5 will fit front. You really need 9.5 rim to run 275s all the way around.
9.5s all around? i wonder what my stock wheels are then. i figured they were 9-9.5 in the front and 10.5 in the rear...:unsure:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
My shaker was ordered with the Dynamics pkg which included the 6piston Brembos, 9.5rims w/ 275/40/R20 tires. Looks like u have the 4piston Brembos with 9”rims, which would have come w/ 245s on all corner. Previous owner must have put larger 275s on rear.

Put in your vin to get ur window sticker, it will tell u tire size it came with. For example,

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My shaker was ordered with the Dynamics pkg which included the 6piston Brembos, 9.5rims w/ 275/40/R20 tires. Looks like u have the 4piston Brembos with 9”rims, which would have come w/ 245s on all corner. Previous owner must have put larger 275s on rear.
that could make sense, considering the rear tires are a different brand from the fronts. The car was a lease and though when i bought the car the dealer had it listed as having the dynamics package. how would i find this out?

but essentially if I wanted to run 275/40/20s all around then I should look for a 20x9.5? what about a 20x9 with the tires? thats the other size listed on those demon wheels. 20x9 20mm offset

though i did just find a nice set of hellcat replicas sized 20x9.5 with 18mm offset.

what about the offsets? should i be worried about 20mm all around? that seems to be the biggest between the two.

·
Registered
25 Posts
275/40/20s on a 9.5"rim with a +15 offset work with no problem on the front of my scat pack. And ive got 315/35/20s on the rear on a 10.5"rim
drivers front angle.JPG

The rear wheels have a +22 offset

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put in your vin to get ur window sticker, it will tell u tire size it came with. For example,

here is my window sticker.

i do seem to have the 4 piston brakes as per the window sticker.

275/40/20s on a 9.5"rim with a +15 offset work with no problem on the front of my scat pack. And ive got 315/35/20s on the rear on a 10.5"rim View attachment 1019013
damn man that setup looks great! are those the hellcat replicas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
The +20 offset will put the wheel a bit further out towards the fender edge. Im running Nitto NT 555 G2s. As i understand it, tire of the same size run wider or narrower depending on the manufacturer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The +20 offset will put the wheel a bit further out towards the fender edge. Im running Nitto NT 555 G2s. As i understand it, tire of the same size run wider or narrower depending on the manufacturer.
do you think ill have rubbing with 20x9 with 20mm offsets?

·
Registered
25 Posts
damn man that setup looks great! are those the hellcat replicas?
Yes, these are the factory reproductions hellcat and scat pack widebody devil rim reproductions for a narrow body Challenger. Discount tire sell Voxx replicas, I originally ordered the Voxx from discount and refused them as the 9.5" wheel has a different center section than the 10.5" wheel. I have the factory reproductions part numbers if you'd like them.

do you think ill have rubbing with 20x9 with 20mm offsets?
You can see how close the fronts are to the fender edge on my car. I cant say for sure if the +20 offset will rub, I know I have no rubbing issues with the +15 offset on the front. I only had a rubbing issue on the rear with the 10.5 " with a +22 offset, that was resolved with a bit of modification to the fender well plastic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can see how close the fronts are to the fender edge on my car. I cant say for sure if the +20 offset will rub, I know I have no rubbing issues with the +15 offset on the front. I only had a rubbing issue on the rear with the 10.5 " with a +22 offset, that was resolved with a bit of modification to the fender well plastic.
american muscle has a guide for the stock challenger wheels and say that a 2018 20x9 wheel is 18.5-25.5mm offset. It sounds like I may be okay.

I am not necessarily looking to add huge wide tires here. The goal for me is to have the same size tires to be able to rotate them and have black wheels. So i guess I could even bump it down to 245/45/20s if thats what came stock on the car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
245s should have never been put on the scat packs, in my opinion they are just way to thin to get any traction. I also think the 275s are marginal at best, I was considering 305s but their diameter is different from the 275s. The 315s are the same diameter as the 275s, and after some research most said the 315s would work with the right offset. Best of luck with your decision.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,551 Posts
The major dodge replica wheel manufacturers have their wheels in the correct offset. Your car came with 20x9 wheels 22.5 offset, and yes, 4 piston Brembos. 275s are ok for those 9" wheels

A Guy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The major dodge replica wheel manufacturers have their wheels in the correct offset. Your car came with 20x9 wheels 22.5 offset, and yes, 4 piston Brembos. 275s are ok for those 9" wheels

A Guy
so i could get 275s all around with those demon wheels? that would be sweet, because while id be okay with 245s, 275s would look much better.

just to confirm though, do you think id have rubbing?

the only one draw is i just found a set of 245/45/20s for 320 dollars o_O

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,551 Posts
I believe those wheels with 275s all around will be fine

A Guy

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
If your going thru expense of swapping wheels then upgrade to 275s (and forget Dodge ever made the 245s mistake). Those Hellcat2 replicas (9.5", 18 offset) on 275s is the right idea. Good luck, and congrats on your new Shaker!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
403 Posts
My car came with the Dynamics Package. And yes, definitely go with 275 all around. It’s a huge improvement from the stock 245’s. As for the wheels, go with the 20x9.5. Also, by the way, your car is beautiful. TorRed looks amazing. Welcome to the Shaker family

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My car came with the Dynamics Package. And yes, definitely go with 275 all around. It’s a huge improvement from the stock 245’s. As for the wheels, go with the 20x9.5. Also, by the way, your car is beautiful. TorRed looks amazing. Welcome to the Shaker family

View attachment 1019066
Thanks!! Your challenger color is beautiful too. I almost got a blue scat pack.
And I see you have the 275s on the front. Do you rub at all or have spacers? I’d like to avoid having to use spacers.
those hellcat wheels are 20x9.5 18mm offset.

I was reading last night and a lot of people were saying not to use 275s and only go to 255s in the front

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,551 Posts
On a SRT Scat Pack car, no issue running 275s up front on the correct offset wheels with your 4 piston Brembos. The major reproduction wheel companies will have the right offset by size (Factory Reproductions, Voxx)

A Guy

Reactions: shak3r

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for all your help!
I guess ill just have to decide if i want the 20x9 demons or the 20x9.5 hellcats so i can run the 275s.
i kinda like the 20x9 demons better but we will see

1 - 20 of 28 Posts