Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has gotten the ceramic coating done to there challenger and if so what are your thoughts? Was it worth it? Thinking about doing the opti coat and the film wrap on the matte hood. Thoughts and opinions much appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys just wondering if anybody has gotten the ceramic coating done to there challenger and if so what are your thoughts? Was it worth it? Thinking about doing the opti coat and the film wrap on the matte hood. Thoughts and opinions much appreciated
I was lucky, the Hellcat I bought pre-owned(2016, 3100 miles) was already wrapped with xPel. It wasn't advertised as being wrapped but when I went to look at I was pretty stoked. I was going to wrap the front and the hood in particular, even it the car didn't have it. The the matte black is such as PITA to care for the film on the hood is almost a must. There is a ceramic coating over the xPel as well. I have no clue what it cost, but I can tell you I feel a hell of a lot better knowing the hood has the film on it....as does the front end, the front quarter panels, rear quarters, first half a foot of the roof, and the top of the rear bumper. I would strongly suggested putting film on the hood just for peace of mind.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The first thing I did when I got my new T/A 392 was to put 29 hours of paint correction in and then ceramic coat it. Best thing I have done with the car. Nothing sticks to it and it is a breeze to wash. Reload once in a while to keep it fresh.

Idoono

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had IGL Kenzo coating applied to mine, and the results are awesome. Since I have an SRT, can't speak to the challenges of the matte black.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Had 9H coating on mine...since they had done some custom airbrushing and had the car buffed very well!
Awesome surface and perfect clarity!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I had IGL Kenzo coating applied to mine, and the results are awesome. Since I have an SRT, can't speak to the challenges of the matte black.

Wow! What a great looking SRT!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A Plus
78 Posts
17' T/A here, used the Dr. Beasley's coating on the Matte surfaces and Chemical Guys on the Octane Red (Glaze/Jet Seal/Butter Wax). I have had it a year now and 10200 ish miles, including one mad dash from Northern VA to Phoenix AZ last summer and back in the fall. Parked outside in 100+ degree weather in AZ and an parking garage in VA. Paint is glossy as ever, no surface scratches, nothing. Matte is dark as a day one, no blemishes or stains or scratches. Prep as said before makes the difference....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts