Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am having a weird issue with my 2018 challenger 392 scat pack shaker. This has been happening the last few days and doesn't always occur.
The car will stay on A/C and wont turn off. I cant adjust which direction it uses(face, face/feet, defrost/feet, etc) i cant adjust the heat. if i use the arrows or slider to adjust to lets say 75 degrees, once i let go it slowly goes right back to LO all the way at the bottom. I cant turn the climate control off most of the time, or it does turn off and maybe 20 seconds later it comes right back on. AUTO doesnt change anything.
I can adjust the fan speed.

i havent really done anything crazy to the car. flowmaster and resonator deletes, 35% tint on the doors and 20% on the rear.(35% a professional did and the 20% i did myself).

i thought i read something about a climate reset on these cars? im not sure.

I do have 1 month/10,000 miles left on the bumper to bumper warranty but im afraid if I bring it to the dealer without prior knowledge ill bring it to the dealer and it wont happen while its there and ill get charged the 100-150 dollars for them to of looked at it.

what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I do have 1 month/10,000 miles left on the bumper to bumper warranty but im afraid if I bring it to the dealer without prior knowledge ill bring it to the dealer and it wont happen while its there and ill get charged the 100-150 dollars for them to of looked at it.

what do you guys think?
I think take it to the dealer. You have one month left on your warranty but are afraid to spend 150? In a month, with an expired warranty, you will spend a lot more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think take it to the dealer. You have one month left on your warranty but are afraid to spend 150? In a month, with an expired warranty, you will spend a lot more.
i know i know youre right. i just find it ridiculous that you have a car under warranty and if the car doesnt do the problem at that particular moment then you have to pay a ridiculous service charge

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,699 Posts
Any sign of a line on the touch screen?

A Guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually believe it or not.....embarrassing....BUT

apparently my daughter spilled something on the buttons without me knowing o_O

soooooo its just the down button to adjust the temperature keeps randomly getting stuck...sooooo when it gets stuck down it wont let you change settings or anything...yeah....
i found out once i noticed my super track pack button was sticking LOL

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
actually believe it or not.....embarrassing....BUT

apparently my daughter spilled something on the buttons without me knowing o_O

soooooo its just the down button to adjust the temperature keeps randomly getting stuck...sooooo when it gets stuck down it wont let you change settings or anything...yeah....
i found out once i noticed my super track pack button was sticking LOL
sounds like a disassembly and cleaning is in order. Perhaps the daughter in question can assist and learn a couple things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts