Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So starting in January 18 we will once again be able to get a new Challenger in a version of the iconic Chrysler F8 green. I have always liked F8 on vintage Mopars and will be ordering a new TA 392 this winter. The thought of being able to get it in the new F8 intrigues me but I really want to see it before I commit. Someone posted on another site that the new F8 is already in production on new Jeep Compass's as code PFP Olive green pearl metallic. I found one at my local dealer and here are some pics. I don't know, it sure looks awful close to the one off F8 green Hellcat Challenger from last year. What do you think, is this it?

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
That does look like it's it or really close. Color looks similar to the '70 Charger R/T I had and to that Hellcat you referred to. I'll have to watch our local dealers inventory and try and see one in person. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Close but not the same, the Olive Green is code PFP, the new F8 Green will be code PFQ and don't see PFQ on anything else right now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, that's what I was looking for to see if they were the same paint code. Obviously there will then be a difference. The pics of Kuniskis' F8 do look too be a little bit darker then the Jeep color. Man I do wish I could see it in person before I order. I'm thinking an F8 TA 392 with the optional for '18 red Brembo brakes. I think F8 will be pretty rare on Challengers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think I want one too. We shall see how rare it ends up. I love it so I would think it will end up in high demand/ production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. How do we know that the F8 or any of the other colors such as B5, PCP or Indigo will be produced in January?

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. How do we know that the F8 or any of the other colors such as B5, PCP or Indigo will be produced in January?
It's in the Demon info and we are assuming they will carry over to all Challenger models and I think they will except for maybe base SXT. That info says late availability and not before Q1 of 2018 (at the earliest) and not necessarily January.

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
Mark Trostle has been driving it, he posted these on his Twitter ..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've seen just about all the pics posted of the Hellcat and it does appear to be a bit greener than the color on the Jeep. I do really like it, just wish I could see it in person before I commit. Prob just gonna roll the dice and order it but gotta wait till mid winter as they're saying first quarter '18 production and it won't be driven in the snow (Buffalo NY).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts