Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I noticed that the 2018 I just got has what looks like white halo's from factory as well as the orange turn signal LED waiting for night so I can be sure. anyway if they are halo's they are very dim in daylight. Is there any way to make them brighter without opening the headlights or better just to get surface mount halos and wire them as DRL?

Thanks, any info and suggestions are helpful.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hey guys,
I noticed that the 2018 i just got has what looks like white halo's from factory as well as the orange turn signal LED waiting for night so i can be sure. anyway if they are halo's they are very dim in daylight. is there any way to make them brighter without opening the headlights or better just to get surface mount halos and wire them as DRL? thanks any info and suggestions are helpful
BTW, they have been around since at least 2016. I wouldn't say that their dim at all (see pic just taken outside in full sunlight). Almost positive you can't increase the output.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hey guys,
I noticed that the 2018 i just got has what looks like white halo's from factory as well as the orange turn signal LED waiting for night so i can be sure. anyway if they are halo's they are very dim in daylight. is there any way to make them brighter without opening the headlights or better just to get surface mount halos and wire them as DRL? thanks any info and suggestions are helpful
You can make the orange halos for the turn signals turn on in the settings by turning on DRLs. You can't make the white halos brighter.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, they have been around since at least 2016. I wouldn't say that their dim at all (see pic just taken outside in full sunlight). Almost positive you can't increase the output.
Thanks for the reply, This is my first challenger always seen 2014 and under without halos. as for mine no complaint on the orange but the white ones don't seem to be as bright as yours will take a pic in full sun when weather permits. wonder if i may have a defect.

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
wonder if i may have a defect.
No, they are all like this, very dim and barely noticeable in daylight, maybe there is an aftermarket solution but no way to make them brighter thru settings.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Yes, the white halos are very dim when the headlights are off. The amber DRLs are quite bright. A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts