Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge has posted the official 2018 press release for Challenger.
media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18369&mid=169
Highlights include:

New for 2018
  • New 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the world’s first purpose-built, factory production drag car with 840 horsepower and 770 lb.-ft. of torque – the most-powerful muscle car ever and the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car
  • New 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Widebody powered by the 707-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI Hellcat V-8 engine and adds fender flares, new 20 x 11-inch aluminum wheels, 305/35ZR20 Pirelli tires and electric power steering with selectable modes
  • SRT updates for 2018:
    • Challenger SRT Hellcat model receives new grille and fender badges, as well as newly illuminated Air-Catcher headlamps with Hellcat logo
    • New Nano Steel wheel finish option on Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Optional black, orange and gunmetal Brembo brake calipers on Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • New Demonic Red Laguna leather interior available on Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Challenger SRT Hellcat receives new red IP badge
    • Brass Monkey wheels now available on Challenger SRT 392
    • Low Gloss Black “5Deep” lightweight aluminum wheels standard on Challenger SRT, 392 save 16 lbs. per vehicle
  • Optional red Brembo brake calipers on Challenger R/T and R/T 392 models
  • All-new Performance Handling Package on 5.7-liter models with four-piston Brembo brakes and high-performance suspension
  • 19-inch aluminum wheel with painted pockets available on Challenger GT AWD
  • Nappa/Alcantara performance seats included with Super Track Pak on Challenger SXT Plus and R/T Plus
  • Standard 7-inch touchscreen with Uconnect 4 system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on Challenger SXT, R/T, R/T Shaker and T/A
  • Standard Parkview rear back-up camera and one-touch up windows standard on all models
  • New F8 Green and IndiGO Blue exterior paint options added to the lineup, B5 Blue and Plum Crazy return (late availability)

Here are the pdf files for specs and features:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
Good deal! The Build and Price also supposed to come alive today but still nothing yet but Demon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Reactions: Harbor

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice to see one touch up windows has finally been added to all models!! I wonder if that be added to earlier models??

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see one touch up windows has finally been added to all models!! I wonder if that be added to earlier models??
I remember reading on either this board or another board that someone found the software setting (that is already set to ON in the Charger) using the Dodge scan tool and was able to set the feature to ON for the Challenger. The next thing you need to do is replace the older model door switch with the new switch that has the proper connections for one touch auto up. I'm sure someone out there will do it and post results.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I remember reading on either this board or another board that someone found the software setting (that is already set to ON in the Charger) using the Dodge scan tool and was able to set the feature to ON for the Challenger. The next thing you need to do is replace the older model door switch with the new switch that has the proper connections for one touch auto up. I'm sure someone out there will do it and post results.
I hope so!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah ... one of the very few gripes I have for my 2016 SPS

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey, Guys:

Was messing around with the 2018 build and price tool on the Dodge website...probably still in Beta, I realize. Looking at the base R/T options, and was able to pick red calipers without selecting the Performance Handling Group (with Brembos). I'm sure this is a mistake...can't imagine being able to get red calipers without Brembos. Also, the STP option doesn't mention anything about the Granite Crystal wheels that have come with that package for years. However, the current Scat Pack wheels (polished aluminum with black pockets) seem to be available on the base R/T with no other options chosen at all (other than requiring three-season tires). If that's the case, that would be cool...I have those wheels on my '15 Scat Pack lease and I think they look great. I'm turning it in next spring, and looking to lower my lease payments a little. Anyone have any updated info on these items? Thanks!

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
The red calipers definitely Brembos only whether 4 or 6 pistons.

Don't see the Granite Crystal STP for base R/T, they are standard on R/T Plus with or without STP.

Yes, the WR2 Scat Pack wheels will come on your base R/T if you order the Performance Handling Group, also includes 4-piston Brembos and will cost $1,690.

Haven't seen one yet so still learning about them myself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The red calipers definitely Brembos only whether 4 or 6 pistons.

Don't see the Granite Crystal STP for base R/T, they are standard on R/T Plus with or without STP.

Yes, the WR2 Scat Pack wheels will come on your base R/T if you order the Performance Handling Group, also includes 4-piston Brembos and will cost $1,690.

Haven't seen one yet so still learning about them myself.

Thanks, Slidd. Sounds right. After I posted, I scoured dealer inventories for 2018 Challengers that were on-lot, and checked out the window stickers/pictures on scores of cars. The 2018 STP still has the Granite Crystal wheels as previously, but an optional upgrade to the forged wheels is available for that package. So no changes. The WR2 wheels are only availalbe with the PHG option as you mentioned. So the Beta build and price tool is not completely accurate at this time. My '15 SP lease is up in May so if I want to order a 2018, I'll have to contact the dealer several months ahead of time. I'm not sure my Conti DW's will make it until then, sadly :-(

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
Silver Billet Color?

On the topic of the configurator on Dodge's website, is it just me or is the 2018 MY Silver Billet color really off? Take a look at these two screenshots. The first is from the 2017 Build & Price and the second is from the 2018 Build & Price. I'm hoping the Silver Billet hasn't been changed to a darker tone and that it's just a mistake on Dodge's part. It almost looks like Destroyer Grey.

I've been waiting two years to buy a Silver Billet SRT 392 cuz I love the color so I'm hoping it's just a mistake.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
No, Billet is the same, it's just the website. Paint code will be PSC, same as previous and I agree on how good it looks, especially on SRT with the black stripes.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
Thanks for the peace of mind, Slidd.

And, as for Silver Billet with black stripes, that's exactly how I'm going to build mine! :smile:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah the builder is all sorts of wonky on the 18s.

Like the options for transmission are the torque flight 8 auto or the torque flight 8 auto...

I know it's actually selecting the manual vs auto but the builder is wonky.

I can confirm though that the red brembo upgrade is only available when you apply the performance handling group as per my build session with my dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Hey,

At least us Challenger guys can play around with the Beta version of build your own 2018. Think how the Charger guys must feel. :frown:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts