Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just bought a brand new 2018 challenger RT plus lookin to get some exhaust work done. Looking for some advice on what will make it sound good and really loud

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
Welcome.

Doesn't the 2018 come with the improved exhaust? I know my '15 R/T Plus was almost silent when it was stock.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. People around here have a lot of good to say about that exhaust system just the way it sits. Enjoy the car and looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no clue I just got the car 2 days ago I haven’t looked under the car yet, I’m sure it looks the same as the old challengers

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I like my neighbors, so I'm keeping the active exhaust on my 2018 R/T stock as I think it sounds AWESOME and plenty loud especially at cold start up!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,740 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Welcome from Maryland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,057 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Probably not since everyone seems to think the 2018s sound much better than previous years. :dunno:
17's and 18's are the same exhaust no?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
someone with an 18 Challenger R/T needs to get their head under their car
For a split second while reading this, I heard the wife say "get yer head outta yer.............:grin2:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,853 Posts
It would be nice if someone can post a snapshot of the cat back system of a 2018. Looks like the 2018 exhaust P/N is not listed yet by mopar online parts vendors.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome! IMO the 2018 R/T sounds 'wicked awesome'! Very aggressive. I would keep it the way it is. I predominantly drive in sport mode with the radio off and am a connoisseur of fine HEMI tones. Haha. Congrats on your new ride! Enjoy every minute! They have a very high fun factor to them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts