Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2018 challenger rt scatpack splash screen

21K views 112 replies 11 participants last post by  ljb2148 
#1 ·
Hello, odd question but would it be possible to change the splash screen in the 2018 model to the new updated splash screen thats in the 2019 model (bee with 392 instead of 6.4)? I'm sure its just a programming thing right? Or more complicated then I think?

#2 ·
Check out the Tazer I think it can do that. And it isn't a year thing, it is an equipment thing. Mine has the Bee animation since it has the Scat Pack Appearance group, otherwise it would say "SHAKER".

#8 ·
Hello, odd question but would it be possible to change the splash screen in the 2018 model to the new updated splash screen thats in the 2019 model (bee with 392 instead of 6.4)? I'm sure its just a programming thing right? Or more complicated then I think?
2019 models still have the 6.4L and not the 392. At least mine doesn't have 392.

Taken from my splash screen moments ago.

#15 ·
Oh ok. Thanks. I do wonder though how they got the 392 on there then. It isn't the tazer I know that. Maybe its when it was produced? Like I said, I've seen some w it and some w.o...not a big deal but I got a 2018 and wanted the updated splash.

#16 ·
I know in the past, Shaker cars were labeled as 392 while the none Shaker cars were labeled as 6.4. I assume that is the same with the current MY cars, but not sure. Could that be the difference you are seeing?

#48 ·
It depends on the option package (Scat Pack, Shaker, appearance package, etc.) and year model.

#24 ·
Stitches just a thought as I haven’t checked myself and not saying the software gurus would have gone to that extreme. However in the Uconnect do you have your units set on metric? I wonder I that also applies to the start up animation lol wouldn’t put anything past the engineers.

#26 ·
My 2019 Scat I also have the 392 splash screen but to change that you need a tazer you can change it to any splash screen even the hell cat

However you can change your unconnect screen back backgrounds with out any tazer there are honeycomb backgrounds even the Hellcat background on the uconnect is a option on the scat pack but I prefer the red honeycomb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
No with the tazer it does not matter if it’s a 2018, it will unlock your start up splash screen, it will unlock the SRT performance pages things of my nature. My good friend of mind has a 2017 charger and he used the tazer the he chose his logo and you can chose the Hellcat logo, the 392 bee and the 6.4L bee with a tazer

But like I said with the unconnect radio screen you don’t need the tazer to change the background

#33 ·
The regular 2019 Scat pack have some SRT pages from factory and some are still locked, and the tazer will unlock them, only the WB Scats have all SRT pages unlocked to my understanding.

The tazer will give you options to change the splash screen and speedometer as well it’s unlocks the factory software

#38 ·
I already talked to customer support you cant. You cant have srt pages and the scatpack splash screen at the same time...You can change the splash screen to the bee but then you can't have srt pages. Its cause srt isnt the scatpack I guess...

#43 ·
Let me ask around I know people how have the older chargers with tazer, I know one guy had the red honeycomb on his speedometer and one guy has shifting lights on his speedometer which is cool but I didn’t bother asking about the SRT pages, I got a few friends that are tech geniuses when it comes to software they where told no and they figure it out lol [emoji23] just depends how much work you want to put into it but I will ask when I see them at work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.