Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just placed a custom build order for a 2018 Scat Pack (Octane red, 8 speed, dynamics, convenience, technology, sound & nav). The dealer quoted 31 Oct as the delivery date (about 10 weeks). Does this sound reasonable, or should I expect it to come later (or earlier?!).

Thank you!

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Hi,

I just placed a custom build order for a 2018 Scat Pack (Octane red, 8 speed, dynamics, convenience, technology, sound & nav). The dealer quoted 31 Oct as the delivery date (about 10 weeks). Does this sound reasonable, or should I expect it to come later (or earlier?!).

Thank you!
Sounds about right. Doubt earlier, maybe later.

·
Registered
2016 challenger rt shaker
64 Posts
Hi,

Thank you!
Is it a shaker or have striping? If so, the car is sent to the upfit centre to have these items installed which could take extra time. I ordered a 2016 r/t shaker last year and it took 10 weeks to arrive and my dealership is only seven miles or so from the assembly plant so no trains for shipping etc.. Congrats on the order, I know the anticipation is killer. It only gets worse the closer the delivery date gets!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

No shaker/no striping, as I'm keeping it relatively subtle, as far as a red car can be at least! I'm hoping the color will be as nice in real life as it looks in the pictures.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, but I'm sure I'll be checking with my dealer every day when we're close to the date!

·
Registered
2016 challenger rt shaker
64 Posts
Thanks guys!

No shaker/no striping, as I'm keeping it relatively subtle, as far as a red car can be at least! I'm hoping the color will be as nice in real life as it looks in the pictures.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited, but I'm sure I'll be checking with my dealer every day when we're close to the date!
The red is awesome. Excellent choice. Hope your car arrives before Halloween. I don't see why not.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, they pushed back the delivery date by 2.5 weeks after I paid the deposit yesterday, so I guess they were a little optimistic after all...
I ordered my 2018 Challenger T/A on the 4th of July. It was built on Aug 2nd and should be delivered between 9/5 and 9/11 according to an update just a few minutes ago. I'm in New Mexico so now we get to play the trains and truck waiting game.

Congrats!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered my 2018 Challenger T/A on the 4th of July. It was built on Aug 2nd and should be delivered between 9/5 and 9/11 according to an update just a few minutes ago. I'm in New Mexico so now we get to play the trains and truck waiting game.

Congrats!
Thanks for the info, that doesn't sound too bad. Enjoy your T/A when it arrives!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Hopefully it's a under promise and over deliver situation. I always enjoy the "it's here" call when it arrives.
I was actually on the road and saw my car on the carrier drive past me, that's a rare occurrence to have happen.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,899 Posts
Having seen the Octane Red, you will NOT be disappointed. No doubt an awesome color. A Guy

·
Registered
85 Posts
As someone who is in the business... not FCA... that sounds quite reasonable. From ordering, allocation, quota managements, pre-production, production, post-production, distribution and delivery. There's a lot that goes into manufacturing a car.... especially one that is custom ordered and may not fit a typical trim planned for production at the cycle they are in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
So I ordered my car, Octane Red SP Leather Group, Nav, Driver Convenience, Dynamics Package, Red Calipers. On 7/31. I was informed last week on Monday that my car would be delivered by 8/24-8/30. So I should be seeing my car either today, or tomorrow being delivered.

5 Weeks soup to nuts.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ordered a F8 Green hellcat Challenger on 8/10 went to D status almost immediatly. It has not moved to D1 yet. My best guess is they have not started the F8 color in production yet. Hopefully soon!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I ordered a F8 Green hellcat Challenger on 8/10 went to D status almost immediatly. It has not moved to D1 yet. My best guess is they have not started the F8 color in production yet. Hopefully soon!!
That's going to be really awesome. I love the F8 color, but feel it looks best on a Hellcat and SRT 392. Congrats on the order.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,230 Posts
I ordered both my 2010 R/T and my 2014 SRT. The 2010 R/T came in about five weeks, much quicker than I thought it would. The 2014 on the other hand took six months, I actually ordered a 2013 but by the time they built the car the model year had changed (as well as color options). In the end though I was happy with the car but have no idea why it took them so long to build it. I made numerous calls to SRT to find out why, but they didn't seem to know what the hold up was either.

Anyway, I hope your car comes in soon and congrats on the incoming new ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I ordered my car, Octane Red SP Leather Group, Nav, Driver Convenience, Dynamics Package, Red Calipers. On 7/31. I was informed last week on Monday that my car would be delivered by 8/24-8/30. So I should be seeing my car either today, or tomorrow being delivered.

5 Weeks soup to nuts.
Wow, that's fast! Keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy your new ride, and please post pics! I'm wondering how the octane red/black SRT wheels combination looks, as most pics I've found have the BM wheels.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow, that's fast! Keeping my fingers crossed. Enjoy your new ride, and please post pics! I'm wondering how the octane red/black SRT wheels combination looks, as most pics I've found have the BM wheels.
My feeling is they will look great. They look really good on the SRT 392 and Hellcat I saw with them. Only other color I like more for the wheels was the Brass color.

My first picture will likely be a dirty car as I've asked the dealer for absolutely no prep on this car.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts