Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2018 Dodge Charger 5.7L RT

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ChallyTatum 
#1 ·
Hey so quick question I was thinking of going catless straight pipes on my 2018 Charger 5.7L hemi, I was told to get a tune done after doing so. My question is, would going e85 tune be better than going 93 Octane tune? Or is there a better tune for a 2018 catless straight pipe charger RT? If so what’s the maximum HP can you get out of it?
(I was advised I would need 6.4 injectors)

#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the challenger forum. Going catless will definitely require a tune at least to deactivate DTCs and the rear O2 sensors as they are no longer used. Oh and kiss passing emissions goodbye. I doubt you will see appreciable HP gain though...better to install LT headers which will give power gains due to better scavenging. Below is an example of power increase with kooks headers installed on a challenger but it should give a charger similar results.

As for running e85, IMO it does not gain you much on a stock motor and really is better suited for forced induction. Running e85 also usually requires fuel pump and injector upgrade, otherwise putting 6.4 injectors on a 5.7 buys you nothing except maybe lowering the injector duty cycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.