Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
If you love that mustang so much, why don't you just go marry it!!

Right now, out in your garage, your Challenger is silently weeping at the lack of love you show it. It doesn't know what it is doing wrong. It has tried everything to make you happy, and yet you remain cold and aloof toward it. It's almost as if you were seeing someone else...

And now this...this is confirmation that your Challenger's worst nightmares have come to be...sadly, this is likely to be the squaw that stroked the camel's sack, and it will surely shatter your Challenger's weakened heart into a thousand pieces.

But hey, it's all good, cause you've got good torque numbers to brag about, right?!?!?

Before you and your new Mustang go on a honeymoon and leave your Challenger behind to suffer in silence, please relay this message to it:
"Buck up! It's going to be okay, you'll eventually heal, I promise!! With time, all things get better...or at least start hurting less. You are better for having tried to love than never having tried at all. There's an old saying that I think fits well here:It's better to have loved and lost than it is to engage Russia in a land battle in the wintertime. "

·
Registered
2016 plum crazy purple R/T Scat Pack
1,091 Posts
No matter what Ford puts under the Mustang hood it's still a FUGLY car!! I'll stick with my old R/T.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ford is a smart company with lots of $$ for development that FCA doesn't. It's amazing how much they are pushing out of their 4s.

I have a 2.0L escape & it's quick with good torque. That being said, there are a couple issues Ford doesn't mention. Their Ecoboost are not that economical. My Escape struggles to get 19 mpg around town.

Also, more a long term issue- I've never seen such dirty oil after only 3k miles. To me that means they are pushing the engine hard & it will make the warranty time fine but long term, there may be some major issues.

An finally, you can never get a 4 or 6 to really sound like a V8. Plus. I agree that the new shape of the pony is ugly. The engine to watch from Ford is the 3.0 V6 it put in the Lincoln. If they some how got it into the pony with any tuning at all, it would be a real force, but Ford has to protect their GT V8 sales, so will never happen.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ford does have a ton of R&D money but the periodic table of elements does not change. I wonder how long that motor will last pushing those numbers.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Ford does have a ton of R&D money but the periodic table of elements does not change. I wonder how long that motor will last pushing those numbers.
If used hard, you can expect the turbocharger is the first "wear" item. And it would come cheap to replace it.

all someone has to do is ask former Audi owners - they can share the experience. Often the reason that they're 'former' owners is it was cheaper to replace the car that replace turbos.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Interior still sucks on that Mustang though... Not a real hater or anything, I just can't understand why Ford craps out on their interiors.
Hear hear hear!

My co-worker owns a 2014 stang, proud of it, and love it till he got into my Challenger which was his first time in a one, and got blown away by my interiors.

Like you I hate Mustang's interiors.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I might be the odd one here but I actually don't mind the Mustang interior. I drove my friend's 2015 GT (No Recaro seats) and was surprised at how nice it was. I especially like the low driving position and the way the hood bulges in front of you. That said, it's not as nice as my Challenger. I look forward to seeing a 2018 Stang in person.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you love that mustang so much, why don't you just go marry it!!

Right now, out in your garage, your Challenger is silently weeping at the lack of love you show it. It doesn't know what it is doing wrong. It has tried everything to make you happy, and yet you remain cold and aloof toward it. It's almost as if you were seeing someone else...

And now this...this is confirmation that your Challenger's worst nightmares have come to be...sadly, this is likely to be the squaw that stroked the camel's sack, and it will surely shatter your Challenger's weakened heart into a thousand pieces.

But hey, it's all good, cause you've got good torque numbers to brag about, right?!?!?

Before you and your new Mustang go on a honeymoon and leave your Challenger behind to suffer in silence, please relay this message to it:
"Buck up! It's going to be okay, you'll eventually heal, I promise!! With time, all things get better...or at least start hurting less. You are better for having tried to love than never having tried at all. There's an old saying that I think fits well here:It's better to have loved and lost than it is to engage Russia in a land battle in the wintertime. "
Have you SEEN my Challenger?? Does that look like neglect? Or washed every weekend, pampered, $12 microfiber towels? If torque was what torqued my bolts, would I have a V6? Buck up man, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

A Guy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Dodge needs to push the 6.4L to 500+ h.p. With the 8 speed, they could redesign the intake like Edelbrock did, tweak the tune along with the cam profile and probably get to 525 h.p.

Some torque might be sacrificed, but this is where the A8 comes into play.

They will need that kind of power to stay ahead of the Camaro and Mustang. The Mustang will now be a low 12 second contender.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,032 Posts
Have you SEEN my Challenger?? Does that look like neglect? Or washed every weekend, pampered, $12 microfiber towels? If torque was what torqued my bolts, would I have a V6? Buck up man, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

A Guy
Okay, okay, i believe you...but nevermind me, you still need to convince your Challenger. :D

She knows you better than anyone else, so she will be able to pick up on the slightest hint of insincerity...IoW, you gotta bring your A game for her!

Otherwise you will never be able to convince her when the heat is on and the chips are down! :wink2:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dodge needs to push the 6.4L to 500+ h.p. With the 8 speed, they could redesign the intake like Edelbrock did, tweak the tune along with the cam profile and probably get to 525 h.p.

Some torque might be sacrificed, but this is where the A8 comes into play.

They will need that kind of power to stay ahead of the Camaro and Mustang. The Mustang will now be a low 12 second contender.
Honestly though, torque in the 392 is what makes this car so fun to drive every day.

Maybe it's the right time now to put the 426 HEMI back into the Challengers ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts