Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, anyone ever do one of these tours? I am really thinking about doing it. I guess i would get the long haul pass. If anyone has is there any pros or cons to it and would anyone else from this forum like to meet up and head that way. June 9-15th starting bowling green Kentucky. This would be pretty awesome I think.

Mopar or No Car

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
I "unofficially" did the first day from KCMO to Iowa in '17. The route was close to me and I joined in.

It was a real kick. Miles of every type of car imaginable, rolling through the two laners and hills of Missouri. A memorable day of cruising.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Bucket list for me. That and the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did the Iowa part of the HRPT last year. I hope to long haul this year. I highly recommend it. You will be hooked! There is a HRPT Facebook site with lots of information, pics, and video. Book hotels early. Every hotel, gas station, and town is a car show. The hotel parking lot get togethers after the event are the best part!

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've done several stops of the last few power tours and am planning to long haul it this year.

I highly recommend it and this year's route should be better than ever

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've done 10 Power Tours in many different cars. I HIGHLY recommend it, probably one of the coolest things that you will ever do that's automotive related. You'll see so many cool things, meet so many cool people and travel to places that you would probably never see in your lifetime otherwise. The drives are amazing, every gas station along the route is a car show, the venues are some of the biggest car shows you'll ever see, and at night the hotel parking lots are a big party. Get up the next day and do it all over again.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
They never run it on the West Coast, so we set up our own! 236 Mopars showed up in 2017. 2018 will be even bigger! Mopars on the Mountain, Castle Rock, WA, to Mt St. Helens.
August 4th is the date this year!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
We are going again this year (2019) but can only do a few days, not Long Haul. Probably drive the ‘57 Dodge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts