Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New to me 2018 Challenger R/T. Front bumper looks clean.. no damage. I just installed the 392Advisors front license plate bracket. Super easy and looks great. When putting it on, I didn't see a metal bracket as mentioned in the directions. I also noticed what looks like a loose piece of plastic behind the lower grill. Just curious if anyone has any pictures of what it's supposed to look like behind there. I need to either take off the lower grill to get it out or possibly take off the lower air dam.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
This post has some info: Tow Hook Installed

My SP had a label hanging off of a part, it would flap in the breeze. I was able to get in there and rip it off.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This post has some info: Tow Hook Installed

My SP had a label hanging off of a part, it would flap in the breeze. I was able to get in there and rip it off.
This was super helpful! I don't have their metal brackets... not sure why. I may need to pick up some small ramps. I park on the street and it's not easy getting underneath.

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,294 Posts
The bigger the front spoiler looks good but it’s a real bear to do.unless less you have skills.they only bolts behind the the front headlights easy to get to the rest is held on by push pins.

·
Registered
2020 sps ordered 5/20/20
166 Posts
Hi all,

New to me 2018 Challenger R/T. Front bumper looks clean.. no damage. I just installed the 392Advisors front license plate bracket. Super easy and looks great. When putting it on, I didn't see a metal bracket as mentioned in the directions. I also noticed what looks like a loose piece of plastic behind the lower grill. Just curious if anyone has any pictures of what it's supposed to look like behind there. I need to either take off the lower grill to get it out or possibly take off the lower air dam.

Thanks in advance.
I don't have any pics, but I do remember in the kit they give you a hooked piece of wire to bring that strip of metal forward...try to use a flashlight and see if it's there. If not, I think the grille material is strong enough to hold the plate brackets anyways.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any pics, but I do remember in the kit they give you a hooked piece of wire to bring that strip of metal forward...try to use a flashlight and see if it's there. If not, I think the grille material is strong enough to hold the plate brackets anyways.
Thanks for the reply @Gcsps. The bracket is on tight, i just didn't have those metal strips. The grill is in tightly so I think it's not a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts