Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know there probably aren't a whole lot of 2018 owners out there yet, but have a friend who can't seem to get them to work. Can't find anything in his manual. Anyone know if they are not set to go One-Touch by default, for safety reasons or have to be set on the touch screen. Any help on this?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Jimi,

From the user manual for 18 challengers to operate the 1-touch auto close feature:

Auto-Close Feature
The driver and, in some models, passenger power window
switches have an Auto-Close feature. Push the window
switch to the second detent, release, and the window will
go down automatically.
To close the window part way, pull the window switch to
the first detent and release it when you want the window
to stop.
To stop the window from going all the way up during the
Auto-Close operation, pull up on the switch briefly.

This is a bit confusing to me as it mentions auto close and the window going down in the same sentence. However in most cars that is exactly how it works. There are 2 "notches" to the movement of the switch, the first stops moving when you release it and the second you just hit and release for the auto up/down feature.

Edit: This info is on page 76.

Ron

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jimi,

From the user manual for 18 challengers to operate the 1-touch auto close feature:

Auto-Close Feature
The driver and, in some models, passenger power window
switches have an Auto-Close feature. Push the window
switch to the second detent, release, and the window will
go down automatically.
To close the window part way, pull the window switch to
the first detent and release it when you want the window
to stop.
To stop the window from going all the way up during the
Auto-Close operation, pull up on the switch briefly.

This is a bit confusing to me as it mentions auto close and the window going down in the same sentence. However in most cars that is exactly how it works. There are 2 "notches" to the movement of the switch, the first stops moving when you release it and the second you just hit and release for the auto up/down feature.

Edit: This info is on page 76.

Ron
Thanks Forced, I'll pass it on. And yeah, sounds a bit confusing. I didn't think One-Touch was a big deal, but noticed with the manual, it takes me two attempts to get the window up in my '17. Not enough to trade it in for the upgrade. Yet...

·
Registered
463 Posts
According to the 2018 Order Guide, it is standard on all 2018 Challengers. I don't have my new car yet so I can't verify that.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Remember when cars had crank windows?
This takes me back. I'm tall, so I have the reach to get to the passenger's side window crank if I lean a bit to the right. If I was driving and it started raining, I would have to wait until a straight part in the road to do my dive to the right, and start cranking while keeping an eye on the road. :nerd:

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife and I, on vaca a few years ago; accidentally rented a jeep with crank down windows; who would have thought crank windows were an option?! What a PITA those crank windows were when using power for the past 15 years.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
This takes me back. I'm tall, so I have the reach to get to the passenger's side window crank if I lean a bit to the right. If I was driving and it started raining, I would have to wait until a straight part in the road to do my dive to the right, and start cranking while keeping an eye on the road. :nerd:

OMG yes! Good times..

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Remember when cars had crank windows? We all survived and now power windows aren't good enough they have to be auto up and down. Now you know why these cars are so pricey.
Mechanical crank window was probably more expensive than a window switch, materials wise.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Oh man - now I have to trade in my 2015.:|

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2018 GT. Down is no problem but up will not work no matter how I try it. Waiting for the first service to have them check it out. I was hoping it was a setting but I guess not.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
Mechanical crank window was probably more expensive than a window switch, materials wise.
and heavier yet. If you've seen the gear / crank regulator on manual windows, its a pretty bulky part, to have the gear multiplication so it doesn't take 20+ turns of the crank to fully open / close window.

Today's power window regulators / motors are pretty compact.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
I wonder if it might require a re-synch to set the windows.

I have express up / down on my 'Benz and its a two-detent switch in both directions. Soft push is manual operation for open / close. Full push (2nd detent) would active the auto close / auto open function.

If the battery is disconnected, to re-synch is to manually run window to full close, hold switch for 2 seconds, then full open, hold switch and release. Then try to run in auto close / auto open to test.

I know I've had to re-synch the sunroof in my Challenger in this manner [and the 'Benz is the same setup] if the battery was disconnected.
-otherwise, the sunroof won't open / close with vent position, nor auto open / close until this step is done.

PS: another possibility is the cars's modules are flashed correctly. Auto close windows are a new feature on Challengers, yet Chargers and 300s have had this (they have framed doors vs. the frameless / 'smart glass' setup Challenger doors have).

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
It's a late option per RS, disabled on early cars, not sure why or if you will be able to get them working at a later point.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Well that would suck. To expect that feature, and be told, "oh not YOURS" DOH!

A Guy

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah somehow I don't think thats entirely true. If it can auto down, it can auto-up. it has detents for both on the up and down stroke of the toggle. I might consider taking the lead off the battery to check it. But then again, I might also just wait until I bring it in for its first oil change and tell the tech that its an issue.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
Well that would suck. To expect that feature, and be told, "oh not YOURS" DOH!

A Guy
It was like that on the early builds of '15 Scat Packs that had the SP Appearance Group option - it didn't have the SP Bee animation in the cluster and cars built prior to Jan / Feb '15 couldn't have it activated / installed...

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I'm in the market for an 2018 SRT and I've checked multiple different 2018s (GT, SCAT & SRT) and none have the auto up feature just down. I've asked the dealerships and even called the SRT number and no one seems to be able to provide me with an answer. Is it a feature or not on this car? I know it has a feature in the manual. If it is a late model option when is good time to order to make sure it comes with it? Thanks guys and I look forward to hoping the challenger family soon!

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
So I'm in the market for an 2018 SRT and I've checked multiple different 2018s (GT, SCAT & SRT) and none have the auto up feature just down. I've asked the dealerships and even called the SRT number and no one seems to be able to provide me with an answer. Is it a feature or not on this car? I know it has a feature in the manual. If it is a late model option when is good time to order to make sure it comes with it? Thanks guys and I look forward to hoping the challenger family soon!
I don't know who would know the answer to your question right now, best just to watch here until you see the info posted. I would think whatever the issue is will be corrected but have no idea when.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts