Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I'm a new owner of a stock 2018 Challenger R/T. I LOVE it first of all, and I'm fully ensconced and want to modify it to my liking. I'm considering of course a lip spoiler aka splitter and a rear diffuser for looks, and a power commander (is that what it's called?) for improved throttle response. What's the best power commander? I saw this "plug and play" joint but I remember the JDM one had to be paired with a computer and toyed with (by someone who knew wtf they were doing) and I want to be PERFECT not janky. Help!!! I don't even know where to start but I wanna kill it. 馃拫 Oh also what's up with the blind eye intake?

Come on guys

Registered
:rolleyes:

Reactions: F8HemiRT

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) You mean Pedal Commander? That's the most popular, 2nd being the original Sprint Booster. They are both plug and play. There are others, but not as commonly used here

"blind eye intake"? You mean the Hellcat headlight intake? You can change the air box bottom to the Hellcat version with a hole in front, than add a intake tube to the opened headlight and get a 2nd cold air intake

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

Registered
2018 Challenger R/T - Billet Silver
Congrats on the new ride. I have a 18/RT as well that I recently purchased. Is yours a 6M or Automatic?
Outside of performance, I installed an oil catch can. Mine's a 6M and I'm installing a skip shift eliminator.

Registered
I have a Pedal Commander (they do percentage off coupons on Facebook or you can find some online or sign up) on my 18 F8 RT. It's night and day difference driving it. Make sure you turn it down or off when you take it in for service. The tech asked me what I did to the motor when he took it to the back to do an oil change.
Not performance mods but still something to look at.
Door sill protectors are good especially if your wife/girlfriend likes to scratch her shoes across as she gets in and out.
Tinted windows make these cars look amazing, see @A Guy 's black beauty.
We can't see the other side but if it came with a chrome gas cap you can purchase a black one to match your wheels.

I have yet to do a hellcat airbox on mine but it's on my list.
I've also thought about doing an oil catch can, but don't really think the 5.7 needs it, I might have to look into it.

Registered
I did door sills as well. It's relatively inexpensive, adds protection, and dresses it up.

Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
Those 2 torx screws on the cap are a PITA. Everything else is easy. When I did mine, I also put a HC air filter in there.
My 2018 didn't have any torx screws on the cap, it just had tabs which made the caps come off really easy. My lower airbox conversion was a breeze.I believe '18 was the last year before they went to the torx screws.

Registered
My 2018 didn't have any torx screws on the cap, it just had tabs which made the caps come off really easy. My lower airbox conversion was a breeze.I believe '18 was the last year before they went to the torx screws.
I got mixed up lol. The torx screws started in 2019, as well as the new tube needed.

Reactions: vpzyck

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome thanks guys! Mine is 6M, the gas cap is black (a clear plastic piece is peeling up a bit, gonna replace it), and thanks for the ideas on the pedal commander. I live in the Southeast, would a cold air intake benefit my ride? I'm learning as I go and y'all are already teaching me a lot!

Registered
For a 6M, people do the skip shift eliminator.
Someone with a 6M will be able to comment on why this is a great upgrade.
I, unfortunately, have an A8.

Registered
For a 6M, people do the skip shift eliminator.
Someone with a 6M will be able to comment on why this is a great upgrade.
You may experience a situation when you try to shift from 1st to 2nd (around 21 mph) and it won't go into 2nd. Instead, it's tries to go into 4th gear. There are a few other variables that contribute to the skip shift (not just speed). This is "built by design" to improve fuel mileage. It sucks.. and always happens at the most in-oppurtine times. The skip shift eliminator "tricks the system" into not doing this. You need to get under the car and unplug a wired connection on the transmission. You insert the skip shift eliminator in between. It will take you more time to jack the car up than to do the actual work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts