Flowmaster thunder exhaust
Age dry filter cold air intake
90mm throttle body
Dynayech long tube headers,mid pipes and high flow cats

Will say, Dino 3 test, on dyno:

1. 413.6 HP
2. 419.6 HP
3. 427.8 HP

I would say pretty good, better yet, my beast sounds so mean :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
So it went from a stock 375 to 427 with just some bolt ons?

Obviously the data sheets dont lie, but a gain of 52 hp seems a bit much when all the engine is doing is breathing better (90mm TB, LT headers and hi flow cats). I would figure you would have to start messing with the internals before getting a gain like that over stock..

Engine compartment looks slick!! I like the CAI!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it went from a stock 375 to 427 with just some bolt ons?

Obviously the data sheets dont lie, but a gain of 52 hp seems a bit much when all the engine is doing is breathing better (90mm TB, LT headers and hi flow cats). I would figure you would have to start messing with the internals before getting a gain like that over stock..

Engine compartment looks slick!! I like the CAI!
Yes a dyno tune was done :)

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,698 Posts
🤔

Ok, I’ll be the one to ask. Dyno’s measure rear wheel horsepower - not crank. Most stock 5.7’s do good to dyno around 330 rwhp. So you gained nearly 100 rear wheel hp with intake/exhaust mods?
Yeah my car mostly stock dynoed 350 who (Scat Pack 1 pcm) Hellcat lower box mufflers swapped and resonators deleted. (Nothing to really add power except the PCM)
Now I fell stupid for spending money on long tube headers, my cam, 180 degree T-stat and Dyno Tune to only get 434 WHP. I am really going to fell stupid after the Whipple gets added this year and I only dyno 480 W.H.P. :D

Congrats but wrong pic. Something like this?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
10,425 Posts
If you want to know what it takes to get +100RWHP on a 5.7 look here:

Those values in the spread sheet are base off actual builds:

CAI, bigger throttle body, cat back, and long tube headers (most significant gain) are good for ~25-30rwhp bump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.