Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my taillights always have moisture in them? I just bought the car last month so maybe covered under the dealer warranty?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Picture?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
The housing has a leak allowing rain or car wash moisture to intrude, and will likely need to be removed and checked thoroughly for hairline cracks and such to find all such entry points. Once identified, the cracks and such can be sealed with any number of silicone caulks or sealants.

The factory bumper to bumper warranty would cover this I believe, but whether or not it is still in effect is the question. If the car is a 2018, it should be still covered unless it has exceeded the mileage part of the coverage.

How many miles does the car have on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The housing has a leak allowing rain or car wash moisture to intrude, and will likely need to be removed and checked thoroughly for hairline cracks and such to find all such entry points. Once identified, the cracks and such can be sealed with any number of silicone caulks or sealants.

The factory bumper to bumper warranty would cover this I believe, but whether or not it is still in effect is the question. If the car is a 2018, it should be still covered unless it has exceeded the mileage part of the coverage.

How many miles does the car have on it?
It has 19,000 miles on it

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
It has 19,000 miles on it
I can’t remember the mileage for the bumper to bumper, but I think it’s definitely more than 19K...something like 36K it seems like.

Make an appointment and take it in, they should be able to tell you if it’s still under warranty at the local Dodge dealership service Dept

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
3-year or 36,000-mile basic warranty, 5-year or 60,000-mile powertrain warranty, roadside assistance for five years or 100,000 miles, and rust-through coverage for five years or 100,000 miles

A Guy

Reactions: MrF8Green

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can’t remember the mileage for the bumper to bumper, but I think it’s definitely more than 19K...something like 36K it seems like.

Make an appointment and take it in, they should be able to tell you if it’s still under warranty at the local Dodge dealership service Dept
Thanks! Yeah it should be covered .

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
FYI, it's good to message @DodgeCares if any dealer issues arise.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the same thing but on the driver's side front headlamp on my 15. Had it replaced under warranty, but the guy kept asking me if I had an accident with the car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts