Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Sir or Madame,

I recently changed the oil on my 5.7L Shaker. The filter that was removed from the vehicle was a #04892339AA, but I had purchased a Mopar #04884899AC that seems to fit my engine. I had purchased the filter from Amazon and checked a Mopar online parts website for the "correct" filter. The filter #04884899AC is substantially larger but seems to fits my 5.7L engine.
Can I use the larger filter #04884899AC temporarily?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
I believe the 4884899AC is the correct filter. Although apparently both will work.

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
the A8 equipped 5.7s use the 339 filter as OEM installation for additional clearance due to the plumbing associated with the tranny cooler lines.

The 899 will fit the engine, just might be tighter access around it.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
the A8 equipped 5.7s use the 339 filter as OEM installation for additional clearance due to the plumbing associated with the tranny cooler lines.
Interesting. So the M6 cars still use the 899? I know my 14 M6 did but thought all newer 5.7L used the 339.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Unless the engine plant puts this on all 5.7s regardless of transmission application - just to simplify assembly since the '15+ got underway.

We'll have to see what any new 5.7 + M6 owners report when they change theirs out for the first time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for the lack of detail in my thread. My vehicle is a 2018 Dodge Challenger RT Plus Shaker equipped with a 5.7L engine and 6-speed manual transmission. I ordered the 4-piston Brembo brakes and Bilstein suspension. I also ordered the 20 x 9 black aluminum rims and compact spare tire. This was my first time changing the oil, and the repair shop also had "no clue" about Challengers, they only work Porsche 911s. I am very grateful for your help, THANK YOU!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My vehicle was purchased new with 34 miles on the odometer from the dealership. I ordered the vehicle with my specific options.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
the 899 filter is physically larger than the 339 version

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
So that answers our question Hal about the M6 and 339 filter. :D

Yes, use the 899, it's bigger and what was used prior to 2015 so no reason to run the small filter. Now your dealer will grab the 339 since that will be the filter that comes up in the VIN parts search for your car so you'll have to insist. Unless they have a major issue with this, I'd run it.

And don't have to wait for warranty, it's a Mopar 5.7L filter, use it now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you gentlemen!! I appreciate your insight on the Challenger. I will continue to use the larger oil filter that I had purchased from Amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts