Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 PCP Challenger Scat Pack w/dynamics
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, finally got my scat pack on the dyno after installing the kooks LT headers w/catless mids. I was told the mustang dyno used was quite stingy, so the power shown was a bit low. I was also told, the reason for only doing 1 dyno pull is because he will tune on the street. Once he finishes street tuning, he throws it on the dyno to see what it puts out. It certainly feels like it gained a good amount of torque, but here are the results. Unfortunately, since it only went on the dyno once, we don’t actually get to see the gains, but overall she drives like a dream (and no engine light, yay!). Let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,317 Posts
I ran across a discussion on another forum where someone was pretty adamant a tune was unnecessary to get the most from a set of headers installed on these engines. That runs counter to what I believed, so I’m genuinely curious to see if you can up these numbers with a tune. Be sure to update the thread after the tune is in and another Dyno pull is done!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Jesus, here is my 5.7l dyno from a Mustang Dyno with kooks, high flow cats and a cam. 180 degree t-stat and tune. My car was 350 stock at the wheels.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ran across a discussion on another forum where someone was pretty adamant a tune was unnecessary to get the most from a set of headers installed on these engines. That runs counter to what I believed, so I’m genuinely curious to see if you can up these numbers with a tune. Be sure to update the thread after the tune is in and another Dyno pull is done!
well these are numbers after the tune. They do seem low, idk if it’s just the way he has it setup or what. He said on the same dyno, a supercharged ls3 with cam / LT headers put up 510 whp. I may eventually run it on another dyno, but I can certainly feel the difference. Shifts are on point, and I do notice more torque across the board.

Jesus, here is my 5.7l dyno from a Mustang Dyno with kooks, high flow cats and a cam. 180 degree t-stat and tune. My car was 350 stock at the wheels. View attachment 998915
Very nice numbers!

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,317 Posts
well these are numbers after the tune. They do seem low, idk if it’s just the way he has it setup or what. He said on the same dyno, a supercharged ls3 with cam / LT headers put up 510 whp. I may eventually run it on another dyno, but I can certainly feel the difference. Shifts are on point, and I do notice more torque across the board.

Very nice numbers!
Ah, okay, I misunderstood then. Thanks for clarifying! (y)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Really doesn't tell anyone anything if there are no before numbers on the same dyno at the least. Probably sounds great!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, okay, I misunderstood then. Thanks for clarifying! (y)
No worries, I was a bit confused at first when I got the sheet as well.

Really doesn't tell anyone anything if there are no before numbers on the same dyno at the least. Probably sounds great!
Agreed, this tuner is good at what he does, just does things a bit differently. And yes, it’s very very loud. May eventually need to throw mufflers on it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts