Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
I am new to the world of tuning so bear with me. Given the Scatpack platform is standardized, do I need to have a dyno tune? I have read that it is best to buy an additional PCM and tune that one rather than the factory (warranty protection)?. Has anyone purchased a tuned PCM they are happy with?
Thanks in advance
Don

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
As soon as you pull the pcm they can see it plus your mileage won’t match so it won’t matter. Only good thing is if you get another pcm then the one can be tuned and leave the factory run along on the other in case of issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool, thanks. Do you think it is worth tuning a mostly standard scat pack M6? Only changes I have made are straight pipe and cold air intake.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Not really worth it on such a lightly modded car since you have to pay to get the PCM unlocked and pay to have it tuned.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,441 Posts
Ok cool, thanks. Do you think it is worth tuning a mostly standard scat pack M6? Only changes I have made are straight pipe and cold air intake.
the stock Tune should be modified to take advantage of, or in some cases just allow the usage of, performance mods that alter the engine’s Volumetric Efficiency.

Since the engine does not have a Mass Airflow sensor, it has trouble recognizing when the engine is moving significantly more air in/out. Modifying the tune is necessary in those instances.

Cam, supercharger, etc. require a modified tune. Yours do not.

A modified tune could possibly squeeze a little more out of them, but it’s not required and wouldn’t be worth the money spent to get the few extra HP/TQ

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really worth it on such a lightly modded car since you have to pay to get the PCM unlocked and pay to have it tuned.
Ok thanks....

the stock Tune should be modified to take advantage of, or in some cases just allow the usage of, performance mods that alter the engine’s Volumetric Efficiency.

Since the engine does not have a Mass Airflow sensor, it has trouble recognizing when the engine is moving significantly more air in/out. Modifying the tune is necessary in those instances.

Cam, supercharger, etc. require a modified tune. Yours do not.

A modified tune could possibly squeeze a little more out of them, but it’s not required and wouldn’t be worth the money spent to get the few extra HP/TQ
Thanks Nuke....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts